Asus Sabertooth Z77 not finding my Barracuda HDD

Hey everyone,

So i just finished building a new pc with a sabertooth z77 mobo and intel cpu. My problem is when I boot the system it only recognizes my 256 GB OCZ Agility 4 SSD. It does not recognize my HDD at all. It is a 1TB Barracuda and it doesn't show up anywhere. Not in the BIOS Boot Menu, not in Disk mngmt, partition find, nothing. I have tried hooking it up to different Sata II and Sata III ports, still nothing. I have used the power and sata connection from the SSD and still nothing. Was wondering what the problem could be, please let me know.
7 answers Last reply
More about asus sabertooth finding barracuda
  1. Well the HDD could busted and not even work. do you hear the HDD spinning at all?
  2. Make sure that the hdd is in achi mode.
  3. How do i put it into achi mode ? And it does sound like it spinning im not sure what to do.
  4. RodneyW said:
    Hey everyone,

So i just finished building a new pc with a sabertooth z77 mobo and intel cpu. My problem is when I boot the system it only recognizes my 256 GB OCZ Agility 4 SSD. It does not recognize my HDD at all. It is a 1TB Barracuda and it doesn't show up anywhere. Not in the BIOS Boot Menu, not in Disk mngmt, partition find, nothing. I have tried hooking it up to different Sata II and Sata III ports, still nothing. I have used the power and sata connection from the SSD and still nothing. Was wondering what the problem could be, please let me know.

I don't think you'll be able to use your SSD's cables.
  5. storm slider said:
    I don't think you'll be able to use your SSD's cables.

WTF is SSD cables? Explain? a SSD uses any SATA power and SATA cable just as any HDD would use..
  6. RodneyW said:
    How do i put it into achi mode ? And it does sound like it spinning im not sure what to do.

You can find achi in bios menu. Mine is under compintegrated peripherals
  7. hey i am having the same issue here, its not the hdd or sata ports, it is a really frustrating error that noone seems able to fix, i dont know if it may just be a windows OS error, or a global z77 error, alot of builders using this motherboard have had this issue
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Sabertooth Hard Drives