Sign in with
Your question

ASRock z77 e4m dead?

Last response: in Motherboards
February 2, 2013 7:14:49 PM

Hello,
I've been googling to find out if I need to condemn my mobo after I went to switch my pc on last night and... nothing! I've checked everything, the psu, removed everything one by one and still nothing. That was until I went to remove the board from the case (Antec Fusion Remote) and noticed three screws were just spinning round. Do all the screws need to be tight to provide a good earth? Having taken the board out I can't see anything visually wrong. I'm an electronics quality inspector by day so I'm used to finding visual faults. Anyone out there experienced anything like this? Any input would be appreciated before I send the board back to Amazon.
Thanks
Dan

More about : asrock z77 e4m dead

a c 468 V Motherboard
February 2, 2013 8:11:45 PM

Dan25e said:
Hello,
I've been googling to find out if I need to condemn my mobo after I went to switch my pc on last night and... nothing! I've checked everything, the psu, removed everything one by one and still nothing. That was until I went to remove the board from the case (Antec Fusion Remote) and noticed three screws were just spinning round. Do all the screws need to be tight to provide a good earth? Having taken the board out I can't see anything visually wrong. I'm an electronics quality inspector by day so I'm used to finding visual faults. Anyone out there experienced anything like this? Any input would be appreciated before I send the board back to Amazon.
Thanks
Dan

most time dan it a cap or the 12v leg in the power supply that goes poof. over time with heating and cooling screws can walk out a bit. that why there 5 to 9 screws on atx mb. on most newer mb there a speaker and or power good led on the mb or on the power supply. see if any of those green power led come on. if none of the case fans or drives are running then you may want tot ask someone for a spare power supply to test your system with. if there are fans moving and no beep from the mb. pull the ram and video card. with them missing you should if your mb is posting give you a cmos beep code.
!