Sign in with
Your question

Dual Channel Problems

Last response: in Motherboards
February 2, 2013 8:58:41 PM

Alright guys, I'm using an Asus M4A79XTD Evo motherboard and it will not boot when ram is configured for dual channel. It will post if I put the ram in a single channel configuration, but it blue screens randomly when I do this. I am using brand new g.skill ripjaws 1600 4GX2 sticks. I checked the BIOS and the volt and timings seem to be correct. I called the Asus hotline but they are down due to inclement weather. Anyone have any answers for me? Thanks.

More about : dual channel problems

February 3, 2013 1:30:50 AM

Someone please respond
m
l
February 3, 2013 1:44:29 AM

wwrhodes said:
Alright guys, I'm using an Asus M4A79XTD Evo motherboard and it will not boot when ram is configured for dual channel. It will post if I put the ram in a single channel configuration, but it blue screens randomly when I do this. I am using brand new g.skill ripjaws 1600 4GX2 sticks. I checked the BIOS and the volt and timings seem to be correct. I called the Asus hotline but they are down due to inclement weather. Anyone have any answers for me? Thanks.

Just wait until there hotline is up again. You might even have defective RAM, but I doubt that would be the cause as other symptoms occur when you have defective RAM.
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
February 3, 2013 1:56:25 AM

Hello... is your BIO's up to date on your Motherboard?
m
l
February 3, 2013 3:41:53 AM

Ironsounds said:
Hello... is your BIO's up to date on your Motherboard?

BIOS is updated
m
l
a b V Motherboard
February 3, 2013 4:43:03 AM

Does the ram you have is on Qualified Vendor List (QVL) as it's possible to have an incompatible ram module with certain mobo...
m
l
a c 92 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
February 3, 2013 4:50:33 AM

I'd be running memtest. Just to rule out the bad ram.
m
l
February 3, 2013 3:05:24 PM

4745454b said:
I'd be running memtest. Just to rule out the bad ram.

forgot that option lol.
m
l
!