Failing Graphics card or software glitch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldcoff33

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2010
System:
core i5 760
msi p55 gd65
asus engtx460
play at 1920x1080

This card is almost a year old now. Whenever i play Deus Ex Human revolution, i'll get artifacts after the load screen and the game crashes. The card runs at 70 C when i play the game and it is not overclocked. Some people said the card was failing, but i always had artifacts with some games and none with some other every since i bought it. A few weeks ago, i could play Call of Duty Black ops for hours without getting any errors and crashes. And it ran at 70 C at that time too. Whenever the game crashes i get some error saying "the kernel crashed and was successfully recovered". It's really frustrating because whenever i die in the game, it crashes when i restart a stage.

Please help me, is this software problem or hardware?

On a side note, should i get another 460 for sli to be able to play upcoming games like BF3 and Bioshock Infinity? or some other new card?

Solution
You can SLI it... but if there is a problem with the card, it would cause problems in the SLI setup as well. A single different card is also a good option.
The best one is... stick with the pain for a little while longer and let the HD7xxx cards come out in December, weigh your options then and get one.
You can SLI it... but if there is a problem with the card, it would cause problems in the SLI setup as well. A single different card is also a good option.
The best one is... stick with the pain for a little while longer and let the HD7xxx cards come out in December, weigh your options then and get one.

Solution

Coldcoff33

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2010

I am in no hurry to get a new card. Have ordered a few case fans to improve the airflow, hope that helps some. How much would the HD7XXX series cost approx. when it's launched? and will it bottleneck my setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.