Hello,i will assemble my first computer rig...and i ended with this:
CPU:amd phenom 2 x2 560 3.3Ghz
mobo:asus m4A78Lt-m lx
ram:4gb ddr3
Power supply:atx 600w
GPU:ati hd 6670 ddr5 128bit

More about : rig

December 21, 2011 9:11:07 AM

Its good for a budget build, if you can spend slightly more a Radeon 5770/6770 & a Phenom 960T will give it a good performace boost. Also beware if you try to unlock extra cores on the x2 as the motherboard only suppport up to 95W CPUs and unlocking will push it over unless you re lock 1 core to make it a x3 (which is well worth trying)
m
l
December 21, 2011 9:22:33 AM

simon12 said:
Its good for a budget build, if you can spend slightly more a Radeon 5770/6770 & a Phenom 960T will give it a good performace boost. Also beware if you try to unlock extra cores on the x2 as the motherboard only suppport up to 95W CPUs and unlocking will push it over unless you re lock 1 core to make it a x3 (which is well worth trying)

tnx ..yeah im thinking to unlock only 1 core..
..another question..if i overclock the cpu..lets say 3.3 to 3.6/8 will the watts increase??
m
l
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
December 21, 2011 9:25:47 AM

Yes , will increase the power consumption.Every piece of hardware when you overclock him the power consumtion is higher.
m
l
December 21, 2011 9:29:42 AM

Yes it will but there is always some le way. my brothers PC has an Athlon x 3 on a board that supports only up to 95W CPUs and he can unlock to 4 cores (125W) and it runs fine but will not overclock at all and the board temps are fairly high. If he leaves it as a x3 he can overclock to 3.6GHz which still puts it over 95W.
m
l
December 21, 2011 9:35:48 AM

simon12 said:
Yes it will but there is always some le way. my brothers PC has an Athlon x 3 on a board that supports only up to 95W CPUs and he can unlock to 4 cores (125W) and it runs fine but will not overclock at all and the board temps are fairly high. If he leaves it as a x3 he can overclock to 3.6GHz which still puts it over 95W.

so if i dont unlock the cores ,instead i overclocked it to 3.6 something ..will it reach 95 watts or higher??
what is more important the clock speed or the cores in gaming?? sorry im just newbie in this things :)  :) 
m
l
December 21, 2011 9:56:29 AM

In gaming it depends, games could use more cores or less cores.
In games that use less cores, higher clock speeds would improve performance and more cores at lower speed would improve performance on other games etc..

If you plan on unlocking the cores or overclocking, I would recommend getting an aftermarket CPU cooler, it doesn't have to be expensive just better then the AMD stock cooler. lol
m
l
December 21, 2011 10:01:08 AM

joytech22 said:
In gaming it depends, games could use more cores or less cores.
In games that use less cores, higher clock speeds would improve performance and more cores at lower speed would improve performance on other games etc..

If you plan on unlocking the cores or overclocking, I would recommend getting an aftermarket CPU cooler, it doesn't have to be expensive just better then the AMD stock cooler. lol

tnx...what do you think to 3.3GHZ speed??is it high enough to run awesome games today??
m
l
December 21, 2011 4:23:11 PM

This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Systems by Mousemonkey
m
l
!