Solved

Mixed Messages on Compatibility

Hello Everybody. New to the forum but have an old problem I am trying to solve regarding a build I am trying to complete. Have been told wildly varying stories from NewEgg, AMD, Microsoft and ASUS regarding why I cannot load my OS. The contention seems to be around Win7 Home Prem 64-bit not being compatible with the ASUS MB I had. After my experience with ASUS, I have decided to go another route altogether and try an MSI. Anyway, the components below are what I plan to use. Does anybody see any compatibility problems with the parts below, especially in regards to loading 64-bit Win7 Home Premium? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

-MSI 890FXA-GD65 MB (AM3 with 890FX chipset)
-AMD Phenom II X4 965 AM3 RT
-Windows7 Home Premium 64-bit Edition (any issues with 64-bit home premium and this MB/BIOS?)
-XFX VGA HD-487A-ZWFC 1GB Graphics Card
-Crucial 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600)
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about mixed messages compatibility
  1. Never had any issues with windows 7, as long as the hardrives are configured properly. I use maxblast 5.0 to prep new drives, and sometimes clone my old drive if I'm not changing the board. Always load windows 7 off the dvd and use only one hardrive at a time. You can add a second drive after installation and windows 7 will detect it and set it up as a secondary device. Any newer board designed in the last 3 years will work with windows 7; some vista boards will also work fine.
  2. This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Systems by Mousemonkey
  3. Best answer
    What HD are you using and what SATA port is it plugged into? You should always have your primary HD plugged into the SATA-0 port and then configure your boot devices in your motherboard as 1. HD, 2. CD-ROM, 3. USB/Network.
  4. I have a Samsung HD322GJ/U 320GB Disk Drive.
  5. Best answer selected by crisis44.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Asus Compatibility Systems