Closed Solved

POST shows memory running at 1300MHz when its rated for 1600MHz

I am running a Gigabyte motherboard with the following model GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 rev 1.3 BIOS Award F10. I bought this memory brand new at a local store and when installed motherboard POST shows it running at 1300MHz however its rated at 1600MHz. What can I do to make the motherboard recognize it as 1600MHz ?

The memory is Mushkin Blackline 16GB (2x8GB) DD3 1600MHz CL10 DIMMS (997055) PC3-12800 10-10-10-27 1.5V Blackline Dual Pack.

Would changing the memory clock multiplier work or do I have to fiddle with the voltage or other ?

Thanks in advance

Victor
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about post shows memory running 1300mhz rated 1600mhz
  1. You ought to be able to change the speed of your RAM straight from the BIOS.
  2. Best answer
    usually enabling xmp profiling in the BIOS will get it upto its rated speed and timings
  3. If its an intel CPU you would need to enable XMP (extreme memory profile) in the BIOS to be able to run them at 1600Mhz.
    EDIT: 30 seconds too late, lmao +1 jumbo
  4. jumbolkna said:
    usually enabling xmp profiling in the BIOS will get it upto its rated speed and timings

Thanks everyone that did the trick. Just out of curiosity what is XMP profiling ? I actually before posting tried changing the memory clock multiplier which gave it the 1600MHz and also seem to run fine. But I've now disabled that settings after reading everyone's post.

Appreciate the help.
  5. Best answer selected by victor43.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Memory