brendanL

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
Hello, i own a Compaq cq3250an Computer, (Specs)

(Athlonll X3 440 ® 3.0 GHz (95W) Socket AM3
Chipset GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
Motherboard: Pegatron M2N68-LA (Narra6(L)-GL6)
Power supply 300W -> replaced with a Corsair 600watt gaming power supply.
Memory Installed 4 GB (2 x 2 GB) PC3-10600 DDR3 SDRAM (only 2 Ram slots)
Hard drive 500 GB SATA 3G (3.0 Gb/sec) 7200 rpm -> increased to 1TB same brand.
SuperMulti DVD Burner with LightScribe Technology drive SATA LightScribe
Video Graphics AMD Radeon HD4350 512 MB DDR2 memory -> Upgraded to MSI R6850 Cyclone Overclocked Edition.
Sound/Audio High Definition 6-channel audio ALC 662 chipset
Network (LAN) Integrated 10/100 Base-T networking interface)

Ok, well, i wanted to know if i could change the case of this, it's too small, and the Video Card barely fits, as the Power Supply Cables are very Hard, and chunky.
if you could suggest a way to switch cases, or suggest a case that would fit my stuff in it, please HELP!

scottiemedic

Distinguished
Well, it's just a micro ATX mobo in there, does the backplate come out? You'll need that for a new case, but I see no reason why you can't put the gear in a new case.

Now, what case? That's mainly up to you, since aesthetics is something only you can pick out. Head here and start browsing for what attracts you and in your price range, then post any questions about ones you find if you need further info :)

http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategory=7&name=Computer-Cases

brendanL

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012

thanks for the reply, im not sure what you mean by 'does the backplate come out? You'll need that for a new case'
but is this one good?
http://store.antec.com/Product/benclosure/three-hundred/0-761345-45003-4.aspx

scottiemedic

Distinguished
First, the backplate it the little piece that goes over your back ports, like where your sound, USB, LAN and the such plug in, looks similar to this (yours is probably color coded):

CN_Back_big.jpg

And secondly, that is a great case, I have one myself. I love it, great for cable management. I'd highly recommend.

brendanL

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012

Thanks for that, I've bought the case, but i have one last question, will it be hard to switch everything over?