Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2 - freeze before boot if i connect a HDD

kaeltas

Honorable
Feb 2, 2013
Hello every one

it sounds weird but it is what is happening. plz help me

I bought some things to build a new computer, so I started to put it together and when I realized after start flashing sometimes the screen with the logo of tuf, freezes and I can not do anything or enter BIOS

but if I remove the HDD I can enter the bios normally move things etc.

I thought it was because sata ports not working, but I have a Sata DVD that works correctly on any port.

What I might suggest that the problem is the HDD but if I plug in another computer functions properly.

please help

Solution
If the HDD is new, try initializing and formatting it in another PC. Try also changing the boot order in BIOS. Set the DVD drive as the 1st boot device.

kaeltas

Honorable
Feb 2, 2013
thx all for reply!

if i put the DVD on the motherboard without the HDD, the computer runs ok, and if i put the Windows DVD in on the DVD can enter and see the instalation etc. but when i enter on the partition screen cant continue because isnt any hdd connected on it.

but if i connect the HDD and the DVD the mother freezes on the motherboard start screen.

i try setting the sata ports on AHCI and IDE with the same result.

plz any help and thanx

Xttony

Distinguished
The same thing happened to me just before my hdd crashed. 2 hdd of mine crashed like this. So if you ever get a chance to use the hdd on other system I'll advice you to backup the data from that hard drive.
I tried a lot of things with my drive when it was about to crash but nothing helped. So it is better you go for a replacement. Also you can use the PCB from an identical drive. Since the hdd is not physically damaged there is a chance that changing the PCB would help.

kaeltas

Honorable
Feb 2, 2013
hi everyone! just came to say thx to all, i try with other 2 HDD and everything works properly.

So the problem is my HDD, the weird thing here is that if i connect my HDD in another computer works without problems.

i had to buy another HDD.

See ya and thx