Need some help please

isaacchrist

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
Hi everyone,

I know nothing about computers... that is to say I know nothing about gaming computers and what the top of the line equipment is...... Long story short I won a giveaway at one of the stores in my area. I won a "Monster Gamer's Dream Machine". I already have a computer and it is less than a year old. It does everything I need it to do so I don't really need this "monster computer". I am looking to sell it but I do not know how much I should be looking to get out of it. I tried to ask the people at the store I won it at but they were less than helpful. I had a guy I know offer me $600 bucks for it, but from the description of the computer that sounded a bit low..... I was hoping that I could get some input from some of you fine people to let me know what I should expect to get out of it. Its brand new and its never been turned on... still in the original packaging and what not. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.

This is what was on the paper that came with the machine:

Thermaltake Level 10GT Full Tower Wide Body Gaming Case w/ Side-Panel Window

Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit Edition)

Intel Core i7-3930K Six-Core 3.20 GHz 12MB Intel Smart Cache LGA2011
Extreme Overclocked 30%

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 1.5GB 16X PCIe Video Card - EVGA Superclocked

1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD

Hydro Liquid Cooling Kit 240MM w/ Dual Fan CPU & GPU Liquid Cool Capable, Extreme Overclocking Performance + Extreme Slient at 18dBA

16GB (4GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Quad Channel Memory (Corsair Vengeance)

(3-Way SLI Support) Gigabyte X79-UD3 Intel X79 Chipset Quad Channel DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ UEFI DualBIOS, Dolby Home Theater 7.1 Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-III RAID, 4 Gen3 PCIe X16, 2 PCIe X1 & 1 PCI

LG 12X Internal Super Multi Blu-Ray Rewriter

1,000 Watts - Standard Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready

isaacchrist

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
wow.... really? Well I am glad that I didnt sell it for $600 bucks.... Thank you very much guys. One other question.... my nephew is 17 and he is a gamer. His birthday is coming up and he mentioned that he really needs a new computer... will this computer do well at playing his games? He plays star wars and massive effect and battlefield... I hope I got those right.... Im sorry if I sound stupid..... lol.... but if this machine will do well for games I may just sell it to my brother at a discounted price for my nephew...

_Pez_

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
That machine will get your nephew nuts for sure. you will get all his love to you. And yes it will run every game out there at the moment and future games maxed out @1080p without a problem!. FOR SURE !

This game will run all games currently maxed out, and in 2-3 years your nephew can get another 580 for SLI!