Hard Drive Letters

Having lost a hard drive I have just installed a new one and loaded XP.
However instead of being described as C: it is E:, and my zip drive is now C:

It all works fine, but is rather off-putting. Any ideas how to rectify?

To put xp as C:,you'll need to reinstall it.You should disconnect all other
hds during installation (physically unplug them),you can/could clear the CMOS
in BIOS before the installation,unplug computer,remove battery for 15 sec.
replace,turn on computer,then reset BIOS,install xp.

Andrew E. wrote:
> To put xp as C:,you'll need to reinstall it.You should disconnect
> all other hds during installation (physically unplug them),you
> can/could clear the CMOS in BIOS before the installation,unplug
> computer,remove battery for 15 sec. replace,turn on computer,then
> reset BIOS,install xp.

Andy, Andy, Andy... I /so/ wanted to give you an A+ for this, but then you
went and spoilt it! Will you /please/ stop giving out such dangerous
'advice'. Clearing the CMOS and disconnecting hard drives is absolutely
*NOT* necessary. Simply physically remove the zip drive, format the primary
drive/partition and install XP. Nothing else is required, and certainly
nothing like what you've described. Telling a novice to go fiddling around
inside their system is the height of stupidity! What if they did some
serious damage? Would you reimburse them?!

lose his marbles?