Sign in with
Your question

Problem with KT3 Ultra mother board Cannot get into bios

Last response: in Motherboards
February 3, 2013 2:45:18 AM

Hello,
I can no lorger get into bios, unit goes past bios into can't read IDE drives, what can I do, I have tried to rest CMos doesn't work can't do F11 either
a b V Motherboard
February 3, 2013 9:51:11 AM

Have you changed the keyboard since you were last able to get into BIOS Setup?
If yes, and your current keyboard is a USB one, try plugging in a PS/2 keyboard into the computer's PS/2 keyboard port. There should be a pair of PS/2 ports at the back, one for a keyboard and one for a mouse.

The two PS/2 ports are physically identical but not interchangeable. The one for a keyboard is usually the one that's nearest to the edge of the case and is colour-coded lilac or purple.
m
l
February 12, 2013 12:31:51 AM

John18 said:
Hello,
I can no lorger get into bios, unit goes past bios into can't read IDE drives, what can I do, I have tried to rest CMos doesn't work can't do F11 either

:ange:  Answer I resolved myself. It was not the keyboards, BIOS was setup wrong, it defaults to enable RAID, which gave a error message which said couldn't find IDE drivemy, I took my drive plugged it into IDE 3 and booted unit powered up, let the unit build and array then it allowed you to get into BIOS.
m
l
!