basictonal

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
hi there everyone

need some advice on my pc which is freezing / hanging every 10-15 seconds or so.

it will do this continuously with a gap of about 10 seconds where everything is ok, then repeats the freeze / hang pattern.

it also hangs on the windows 7 start up logo for a bit then loads windows.

a while back i attemped to oc my q6600 quad core with varying results - a lot of hangs and stutters so i gave up and shes back at stock with the standard intel cooler that came with the chip.

i also oc'd the gfx card using msi afterburner which seemed to work ok when playing battlefield 3.

to try and fix the prob i took out the cpu and put it back in with new thermal paste, took out and put back in the memory sticks, gfx card and wifi card as sometimes re-seating things sorted probs for me a while back. but no luck - same thing.

i also reinstalled w7 onto a brand new hd a while back and still no difference.

could there be a chance that i have partially fried the cpu or gfx card with my oc'ing endeavours??

thanks for reading :)

my pc specs are:

Asus Striker Extreme
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz 95W G0 Stepping (Retail 775) Kentsfield
BFG Tech GeForce 8800 GT OC 512MB
OCZ 700W GameXStream SLI Ready Power Supply PSU
Samsung SH-S203 20X DVDRW - SATA - Black
Corsair DHX 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 PC2-6400C5 800MHz Dual Channel
Western Digital Caviar 1.5TB SATAII 64MB Cache 3.5-inch Green Internal Hard Drive OEM

basictonal

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
ok will do the core temp and msi and post the results.

i forgot to mention a few times the nvidia driver crashed and stopped working but then recovered itself.... cud this be a clue?