Solved

PC boot stuck at

I just built a brand new computer. Here is what I'm using
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7114016
ECS P67H2-A2 Black Deluxe Motherboard

With a Core i5-2500K and the PSDA600 PSU which I've used over 8 times for custom builds and has always worked perfect!
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6448054

But for some freaking reason I can't get past (F7 bios setup) (DEL boot menu) Using my keyboard wont work!!! it's just stuck.. I unplugged everything but the Graphics card and the screen looks diffrent but still says the samething and have tried 3 diffrent keyboard 2x USB and 1 PS2 but still nothing.

When I first turned on the PC it wouldn't turn on at all so i tried clearing the CMOS multiple times.. Maybe that's why ? I tried clearing it again and also pushed the Clear Cmos button on the motherboard which restarts the PC but stays at the same screen and never ever goes past it. I even put in windows 7 disk and still the same thing :/ any ideas ??? I'm going crazy!! haha

FYI the screen says
ECS
X
BLACK and it's a logo
19 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about boot stuck
  1. Also I have tried using different ram and same issue.
  2. It might be a BIOS issue. Try RMA-ing the board.
  3. Well I would rather try some additional troubleshoot and not go the the last step of doing a RMA :(
  4. I can't see other troubleshooting than swapping keyboards and clearing the CMOS.
    Maybe replacing the BIOS, if the chip is on socket.
  5. alexoiu said:
    I can't see other troubleshooting than swapping keyboards and clearing the CMOS.
    Maybe replacing the BIOS, if the chip is on socket.

Maybe I messed something up when trying to clear the CMOS ? is that possible ? :o
  6. No, AFAIK. The Clear CMOS button has to be pressed with the system turned off though (power supply on). Try unplugging the power cord and removing the CMOS battery for few minutes.
  7. Let me make sure I full understand what to do. You wanted me to unplug the power cord from the PSU and also take out the Battery on the motherbaord for a few minutes. Then put it back in and retry correct ?

Also a side question. I heard it can take 1 hour + for it to clear the CMOS with battery removed or is that wrong and it's just a few minutes ? thanks so much for helping me!
  8. For the 1st question, yes.
    30 seconds would be more than enough, but just to make sure, remove it for 2-3 minutes. You can also press for 10 seconds the power button, while the power cord is unplugged.
  9. you may have a bad hd or cd-rom drive or sata chipset if the system is boot hanging. i would unplug them and see if you can get into the cmos. also check that the i/o shield not shorting the mb out.
  10. smorizio said:
    you may have a bad hd or cd-rom drive or sata chipset if the system is boot hanging. i would unplug them and see if you can get into the cmos. also check that the i/o shield not shorting the mb out.

When I unplugged the 1 SSD and the HDD and DVDRW the picture changed but it's still the same thing just a a different sized image :o ans I don't have a i/o shield on the mobo. Also what do you mean by getting into the cmos ? I thought you just press a button and or switch the one thing to 2 & 3 pin instead of 1 & 2 for brief moment than back.
  11. alexoiu said:
    For the 1st question, yes.
    30 seconds would be more than enough, but just to make sure, remove it for 2-3 minutes. You can also press for 10 seconds the power button, while the power cord is unplugged.

I will try this when I get off work in 5 hours. Thank's for the help! I'll make sure to update if it doesn't work.
  12. Ya, I'm still stuck at the same thing :(
  13. have you tried updating the bios on the mb and firmware on the ssd??
  14. I'm not sure why the SSD would make a difference because it 's not connected anymore :o but how do I update the bios when I can't go to anything ?
  15. try bare boning the pc. onboard video and one ram stick. if hitting the del key or f1 key at boot does not get you into the bios. then try booting into windows and use the mb bios set up program from inside windows. if the system wont let you then i would rma the mb.
  16. A 600 watt PSU is not good enough for this rig, you'd need at least 750 watts.
  17. Just wanted to give everyone an update.

I ordered a new motherboard and booted it up out of the case brand new and it worked perfect. Once I installed it into the case, it stopped turning on at all!!! fans don't even spin or anything. I think something on the case fried this motherboard and the previous one. Could this be a possibility ? which is most likely the culprit ? GTX 560 TI Superclocked, DA Series 600w ATX psu, Core i5-2500K, ECS P67H2-A2 Black Deluxe Motherboard, NZXT Guardian 921 RB Red Mid Tower, Crucial Ballistix 8GB 1600mhz kit
  18. Ram is Crucial Ballistix Smart Tracer 8 GB which is LED lit.
  19. Best answer
    If you start the board again outside the case, does it work? Are there extra standoffs shorting the board?
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards