Sony Ericsson Z200 unlocking and roaming

Last response: in Technologies
May 17, 2004 8:32:51 PM

I'm planning on borrowing my uncle's SE Z200 to take to taiwan, unlock it
and use it there.

I see this is advertised as a world phone, anyone know if this is possible?
I brought over a nokia 3595 and it didnt work there, wasnt triband.

currently I'm in Canada, and my uncle's Phone is with the FIDO service here
in Edmonton,

I dont know what Taiwan runs on... but i just wanna know if it'll work in
taiwan and HOW do I unlock it? is it by code like it is with Nokias or do I
need a physical cable?

thanx
Anonymous
May 17, 2004 9:07:58 PM

Taiwan runs on 900MHz/1800MHz. If your phone supports both those bands,
you'll have the best coverage and the best choices of providers. Your
choices and coverage will be more limited if your phone only supports one of
those bands.

FYI, USA and Canada runs on 850MHz/1900MHz.

The Z200 supports 900/1800/1900MHz so it's work perfectly well in Taiwan.

Your phone may already be unlocked. To test it, put in a non-Fido sim card
and find out what it does. If not, Fido may unlock it for you at no
charge -- just ask. If not, you can get a service in Canada or Taiwan to
unlock it for you for a nominal fee.

!