Jurgens

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Hi. i want to find out how much FPS do you lose with dual screens. both 1080p. but only play on one of them.

thats where my new build come in, im gona use the GTX 580 as my main display and the 8600 GT just to run the second monitor.

cuz i know when i used the 8600 long time ago, i had 2 screens. when i used both i usually lagged, but useing 1 i didnt.

would this make any differ?

Solution
Ya Dont put that 8600 GT anywere near your computer lol. It lagged as it only had 32 cuda cores or whatever they call them these days and when splitting in half that is 16 per screen if both doing 3d rendering of some sort. Your 580 has 512 and will not have any issue whatsoever doing both screens at onece. dont go throwing old tech into a nice new pc will just cause issues.

Thently
Ya Dont put that 8600 GT anywere near your computer lol. It lagged as it only had 32 cuda cores or whatever they call them these days and when splitting in half that is 16 per screen if both doing 3d rendering of some sort. Your 580 has 512 and will not have any issue whatsoever doing both screens at onece. dont go throwing old tech into a nice new pc will just cause issues.

Thently

Solution