Sign in with
Your question

I dont understand why my motherboard is Peaking at.

Last response: in Motherboards
February 3, 2013 12:13:38 PM

This Morning i left my computer on to download a few games from steam and i came back a little while later and found my computer was in sleep mode, so i turned it back on and check the temperatures as you do.

Apparently my motherboard had peaked up soo high, but i dont understand why, all i was doing was downloading, soo it was idle really.

I have a Gigabyte SKT-AM3+ 970A-D3 Motherboard (Rev 1.0)

a b V Motherboard
February 3, 2013 2:42:40 PM

Where on the image says that the temperatures are too high. All temperatures look normal to me.
February 3, 2013 3:26:03 PM

The Max on the motherboard, means it temp peaked to 113C or 89C, that hot is normal?
Related resources
February 3, 2013 4:12:45 PM

Hi! Try using a different monitoring program, such as HWin - http://www.hwinfo.com/files/hw64_410.exe. According to CPUID max temps, my memory should have melted down a month ago. RealTemp, Core Temp and Speccy are all good. Best of luck! Bill
a b V Motherboard
February 4, 2013 1:15:35 AM

Eons32 said:
The Max on the motherboard, means it temp peaked to 113C or 89C, that hot is normal?

Those temperatures don't specify the component. Use aida64 trail to monitor the temp.
February 4, 2013 1:52:06 AM

Eons32 said:
This Morning i left my computer on to download a few games from steam and i came back a little while later and found my computer was in sleep mode, so i turned it back on and check the temperatures as you do.

Apparently my motherboard had peaked up soo high, but i dont understand why, all i was doing was downloading, soo it was idle really.

I have a Gigabyte SKT-AM3+ 970A-D3 Motherboard (Rev 1.0)

http://imageshack.us/a/img201/7790/temperaturetwo03.png

That's just a reading error. Monitor software is notorious for throwing up obscene temperature readings on unspecified chipset sensors.

It's borderline impossible that any component on your motherboard would be that much hotter than your CPU or GPU.

Likewise, chances are that you don't have a fan running at 75,000 RPM. ;) 

Bottom line: ignore those outliers. Worry about the identifiable components (CPU/GPU/etc); those temps are generally pretty accurate.
!