Need some advice

Zacharoni

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
Hey all,

I am looking for some advice on a motherboard to get on my new setup. I need a motherboard that can fit an Intel i7 3770k (LGA 1155), as well as two PCI Express 3.0 x16 because I am looking to crossfire two GPUs. Also standard ATX. Not too picky about the rest of the features, however UEFI BIOS would be nice, and more SATA 6gb/s would be nice too.

I currently have an Asus board and Ive had pretty good experience with it, although it does BSOD occasionally and oddly crash. I'm not dead set on Asus again, I'm open to suggestions, but I have had good experience with their customer support in the past.

Feel free to suggest whatever you want. Ideally I'd like to keep it under $200, but I'll take anything into consideration, as long as its not insane. If you have any other questions or need any other information just let me know.

Thanks in advance.

-Zacharoni

Zacharoni

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
Yeah that looks really good. Nice price too.

Is there really a noticeable difference in performance between 16/0 and 8/8? I imagine there is something, Im just wondering how significant.

Xttony

Distinguished
16/0means that when you have one graphics card the slot will work on x16 speeds
8/8 means that, when you have two graphics cards both the slots will work on x8 speeds

There won't be a problem on x8 with the current graphics cards. But your slot may bottleneck the future cards

Zacharoni

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
So I have pretty much narrowed it down to three different boards:

1. ASRock z77 Extreme4

2. ASUS P8Z77-V LK

3. MSI Z77A-G45

Its going inside a NZXT Phantom 630 Case, with:

Intel i7 3770K @3.5 ghz
16 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram @ 1600 mhz
2 x ATI Radeon HD 7850
60 GB Corsair Force SSD
1 TB Western Digital Caviar Black HDD
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo (which will eventually be replaced by a Corsair Hyrdo H100i)