Sign in with
Your question

P67A-GD80 B3 "cold boot" (RAM issues?)

Last response: in Motherboards
February 3, 2013 4:05:28 PM

Hello everyone,

First of all, my native langage is not english, so please excuse my grammatical mistakes. :) 
Second point, i'm a noob, so if you could try to vulgarize your answer, would be really appreciated !

So, there is my problem :

I bought a computer with a P67A-GD80 B3 motherboard. It worked very well since the beginning, but I noticed sometimes it takes me one, two or several attempts to boot my computer (it turns on, immediately turns off with a "click", turns on, etc. And when it turns on, all the led and fans are ok).

And recently, I started having windows warning messages : "please close X programmes, not enough memory".

note : my RAM is G.SKILL Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24 Memory

and finally one night I made the mistake to put my computer on sleep mode. Since I am unable to start it again (always that loop : turns on, turns off, turns on, ...)

I looked on several forums and saw the cold boot issue, so I tried different things :

- clear the cmos
- move my RAM, tried with one stick, changed the plot

nothing. And i'm uncomfortable taking off the components to test them or other stuffs since I don't want to break anything.

So my question is : can it be my RAM which is dead (weird, because it doesn't work even with one stick and the other removed)

I ordered a new RAM, but is there something else I should do, i'm quite lost actually.

Thank you very much.
a b V Motherboard
February 4, 2013 4:15:05 AM

Kinda sounds like a power supply issue to me. Do you have a different one you could try, maybe a friend has one? Does the PC beep at all when you start is, or try to start is like you say. If the PC beeps, how many beeps? How do they sound? Long beeps, short beeps, how many in what order? Correct POST(Power On Self Test) is one quick beep, this is what a correctly working PC does, different beeps can tell you what is wrong with the initial startup, i/e hardware issues.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
February 7, 2013 6:04:48 PM

Your PSU should be at least 700 watts, anything less might cause a burnout of components or cause malfunctions as you are experiencing.

m
l
February 19, 2014 4:30:29 AM

hillmanant said:
Kinda sounds like a power supply issue to me. Do you have a different one you could try, maybe a friend has one? Does the PC beep at all when you start is, or try to start is like you say. If the PC beeps, how many beeps? How do they sound? Long beeps, short beeps, how many in what order? Correct POST(Power On Self Test) is one quick beep, this is what a correctly working PC does, different beeps can tell you what is wrong with the initial startup, i/e hardware issues.

Hi, I am experiencing the same issue in my pc, with the difference that mine was working perfect, bought new video card, new hard drive, installed them and now is in continues booting loop.
When it turns on it doesn't make any noise what so ever. I broke it down to the bare bones and still is doing the same thing. In my case I have 16 gb memory, same memory than him.
Some help would be highly appreciated.
Thanks.

Chelo
m
l
!