sjay0859

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012

if i run a recovery on my hard drive how would it compare to a brand new hard drive, would it be as good as new ? obviously i;m new with computers otherwise i wouldn't be asking such a simple question What doesn't make sense if i rebuilt an engine it can be as good as a new car engine.

Hi :)

Ah i see...
Well IF the hard drive has CRASHED (PHYSICALLY) and failed a hard drive test.....its drop it in the bin time....you CANNOT repair a drive like that , and a recovery would NOT help...

If there is nothing wrong with the drive (why would you run a recovery anyway ?)....then a recovery will take it back to normal...but IF you bought a new drive it may well be faster as drives have moved on....

All the best Brett :)

popatim

Titan
I'm not sure whast you mean by "Recovery"

Windows has a recovery console where you could format your drive as well as lots of other things.

Windows Scandisk or Error checking can Recover bad sectors; this simply tries to recover the data from bad sectors.

There are lots of Recovery Utilities from various OEM, like Toshiba, whose HDD recovery simply reinstalls the factory installed OS & Programs. (ie - back to the way it was hen you took it out of the box)

A new hdd would get a fresh installation of windows and appear to be faster just because its not loaded down with software yet.
If the drives are identical, then both would operate at the same speed.
Your new hdd may be of newer & faster technology, without knowing your current hdd or the new one it would be difficult to say which would be faster.