Pc will not go into bios after new parts installed

outlawvegeta

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
Hello,
I baught new ram a cpu an a motherboard. I have a i5 - 2500k cpu and a asus p8z68-v lx, i have tried everything and im realy upset about it. My psu which after much research seems the culprit, its a 650w with 4 pin atx but the motherboard has a 8 pin slot. I have taken everything out even my ram an i then get 1 long 3 short bleeps telling me basically i have no ram. I took my cpu fan an heat sink off too get a visual on my cpu an theres no black marks on it or smell to suggest thats burnt out.
One thing im unsure about is if i plugged it in right. I plugged in the motherboard power and the 4 pin atx but there was also a 3 pin fan power set of pins. My fans are all 4 pins an i had a 3 pin thing on my psu so i plugged that in assuming it was ment to power a fan.

Thats it basically someone please tell me what iv done

popatim

Titan
Install the cpu fan to the motherboard header. It sounds like its maybe not booting up fully because its not seeing the cpu fan.
Also, make sure you have properly applied thermal paste to the cpu cooler. I say this because you didntmention cleaning it off to see the cpu or mention reapplying it when you put the cooler back on.

Otherwise, make sure you followed the manual on installing ram into the correct slots and I beleive that board has a button on it to set the ram compatiblility.

outlawvegeta

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
I got a new fan with my new cpu so paste came on it. Theres multiple fan slots on this mb. One is labeled cpu fan an its in there i think(out atm will be at it shortly)

outlawvegeta

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
home now and tried all the different fan slots still no luck..will not boot at all..powers up for 5 seconds, no beeps an then turns off

outlawvegeta

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012

see above

outlawvegeta

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
after further inspection and fiddling (as its on going and probably will be all night till it works or i give up an sash it with a hammer) anyway i have seen that the 4 pin atx wire coming from my psu which is white..2 of the pin casing have gone black as if to be burnt. i tried it on a pc that works an it boots up, the pc i tried it on has a 4 pin atx slot while the un working pc has a 8 pin