Sign in with
Your question

Accidently hit Clr CMOS, now monitor won't show up

Last response: in Motherboards
February 3, 2013 7:50:28 PM

I'm using a ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 and I was trying to plug my HDMI back into the tower and i accidently hit the Clr CMOS button and now the button is now glowing red from a light, and for some reason i can't see the screen on the monitor it is just a blank screen. And i dont know what to do.
a b C Monitor
a c 559 V Motherboard
February 3, 2013 7:56:34 PM

Unplug the power cord and remove the CMOS battery for few minutes. Unplug the graphics card and connect the monitor to the onboard. See if it does boot this way.
If still no go, you can try buying a BIOS chip and replacing the board's one. It's on socket.
m
l
February 3, 2013 8:01:36 PM

where is the CMOS battery? And where is the on board?
m
l
Related resources
a b C Monitor
a c 559 V Motherboard
February 3, 2013 8:07:50 PM

The CMOS battery is the board's battery (between the top PCIe slot and the PCI slot). The onboard is the VGA or the DVI-D ports at the I/O rear panel.
m
l
May 31, 2013 10:01:48 AM

alexoiu said:
Unplug the power cord and remove the CMOS battery for few minutes. Unplug the graphics card and connect the monitor to the onboard. See if it does boot this way.
If still no go, you can try buying a BIOS chip and replacing the board's one. It's on socket.

I took out the battery and in the process had to take out my graphics card. Im still a little confused with the monitor part of this solution.
m
l
a b C Monitor
a c 559 V Motherboard
May 31, 2013 4:23:58 PM

Hi,
Using a Z77 Extreme4? What issue experiencing?
m
l
a b V Motherboard
June 1, 2013 6:01:54 AM

If you clear the CMOS, you are setting all the defaults for the bios. The defualt for the monitor is usually onboard video out.
m
l
!