Biostar TZ77XE3 and NVIDIA GTX 460-Display resolution

markc23

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2013
I have a new build and seemingly can only use the on board video to get proper display resolution. Presently at 1680 x 1050. When I try to use the Nvidia card, it won't give the option for increased resolution, highest being 1280 x 780 or something. I've tried adding customized resolution but it appears fuzzy. Also found proper display driver for my AOC monitor. I've disabled on board video. I have a feeling there's something in the bios I need to adjust but can't tell what. I've uninstalled and re-installed drivers, re-installed operating system.... at a loss. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
-Mark

did you install the intel chipset drivers?? so that the pci bus works fine and that the nvidia drivers find the card??
make sure that in windows device manager you have nvidia video card and not a standard vga card.
make sure you let nvidia driver finder on nvidia web page find the newest 3xx driver for you.
you can check your bios rev from the ones posted here.
http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=581#dl
there one new beta bios.

markc23

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2013

Yes, installed Intel Chipset drivers, device manager shows correct video card, yes newest 3xx drivers. Might try updating BIOS but I can't imagine that's the problem. Thank you.

TRENDING THREADS