No Video Output.

Hello,
I am currently trying to build a new system for a friend. Right now I have it breadboarded, with all fans spinning and no video output from my GPU. I originally thought it was a mobo and CPU problem and purchased a new CPU and mobo last night, but was still getting the same problem. I checked both the ram and the GPU in my personal computer and the both checked out fine. I also tested out two different PSU's(a 650w and an 850w) with the same results. Also used two different HDMI cables with either a mini - hdmi and dvi-hdmi adapters with no change. The only thing I have yet to check is the monitor, but it is also my previous monitor I was using last month and it worked fine, and screen seems to be working correctly. Specs:
CPU: AMD Athlon 2 x4 A631
MB: Gigabyte A55M-DS2
RAM: Patriot 4GB x2 1333 DDR3
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 460 SE 1GB GDDR5
Case: E-Machines w3650 re-use
Drives: Lite-on BD-R 10x drive and Toshiba DVD/RW drives
PSU: Chiefmax 650w dual fan.

I have been stumped on this for about 3 days now, any help would be great. Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about video output
  1. Earliest version of BIOS for that motherboard is F2. That CPU requires BIOS version F4. Did you update the BIOS for that board?

-Wolf sends
  2. I took out my 580 from my system and tried that, same result. I am going to take the motherboard back to the store today and see if that works out. Also, could it be and issue with nvidia not being compatible with AMD's processors? I asked a friend at work today and he gave me that idea as well, although I don't have an AMD GPU to test this theory.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems