Gud gpu for 1280*1024

Hellow ppl...

I just wanted 2 ask that which gpu is gud enough 2 handle all modern and upcoming titles including metro 2033 and BFBC3...
The resolution is 1280*1024...

CPU is i3-2100...psu is gud enough 2 handle any gpu ever made!!! Ram is 4gb...

All advice will b very appreciated thnx...

P.S...No advice about changing monitor is required res is 1280*1024 FIXED!!
33 answers Last reply
More about 1280 1024
  1. A GTX 460/560 or HD 6850/70 work great at that resolution.
  2. Wouldnt those b overkill???
  3. Not really.
    Also, still,please post your PSU.
  4. The 560/6870 are overkill for your resolution but you asked for overkill when mentioned Metro 2033 because the game is stupidly hard to run on high settings.
    An HD6770 would be very good for your resolution on the vast majority of games if you want something cheaper.
  5. antec true power 850W....
  6. They are hardly overkill, I use a 1280x1024 monitor for my HD 6870.
  7. Just because you use overkill doesn't mean that isn't what it is...
  8. What if you want to upgrade your monitor.... I know - FIXED - but xmas is coming.
    -Bruce
  9. There is no overkill for Metro, you could run a GTX 580 at that res and still not kill it.
  10. jyjjy said:
    Just because you use overkill doesn't mean that isn't what it is...

Overkill means running every game at monitors maximum refresh rate with all settings highest 16AF and 8xAA.

In Crysis I only get around 45-55fps constant.
  11. I wont upgrade my monitor 4 now...so 550ti or a 6770 b enough???
  12. and enough with the overkill arguement guyz but as far as i know@ yummerzzz mayb ur cpu is a bottleneck...
  13. ch0rus123 said:
    I wont upgrade my monitor 4 now...so 550ti or a 6770 b enough???

Yes.
  14. And i totally understand about metro and i never even thought of maxing it out...
  15. yummerzzz said:
    Overkill means running every game at monitors maximum refresh rate with all settings highest 16AF and 8xAA.

In Crysis I only get around 45-55fps constant.

"Only" 45-55 fps in Crysis with everything maxed??? My god, you need an upgrade!
    Overkill to me means you will see very little benefit from spending more, and is probably closer to how most people would use the phrase rather than your "you literally will not see any benefit at all in any situation from something better."
  16. This thread is for teh lolz!
  17. Okay so guyz here r my 2 options

http://www.iamextreme.net/product.php?ProductId=191
    OR
    http://www.iamextreme.net/category.php?CategoryId=10&SubCategoryId=40...

The 550 Ti is around 12 usd more than the 6770...which 1 shud i go with??

P.S..do not suggest productz from Newegg etc cuz they do not ship where i live...
  18. Those cards are both underpowered, unless you're at 800x600. (or smaller res...)
  19. I game at 1280*1024...r they not gud enough???
  20. Those cards will be more than fine for your resolution. You won't be able to max out every game but you will be able to do so on the vast majority of them.
    Those prices however are REALLY high. Here is an HD6770 for nearly half the price and GTX 460 which is significantly better than either for 75% the price of the ones you linked;
    http://www.lynx-india.com/index.php?productID=15775
    http://www.lynx-india.com/index.php?productID=16017
  21. Yeah price is fine bcuz my links r of a Pakistani site n ur links r of a Indian site...the value of pakistani rupee is less than value of Indian rupee therefore the difference in price...secondly im buying a
    ASUS 6850 Direct CU VOLTAGE TWEAK EDITION...will this b enough 2 max out games at 1280*1024???

thnx
  22. Like I've said even the HD6770 would max out most current games at your resolution. The HD6850 is a good choice if you want something that will let you use AA on the most intensive games. The DirectCU is a good version of that card, especially if you are interested in overclocking.
  23. That resolution is one of the last resolutions where the cpu plays a big part. Especially with performance and its the resolution they benchmark cpus normally.

Let me help you out here
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009306&cm_sp=Pers_Search0Result-_-24-009-306_9_DM-_-Viewsonic%201680x

Going for 105usd. Its a start.
  24. cant buy a new monitor yet...i hav a i3-2100 will it bottleneck the 6850 at 1280*1024???
  25. With a unlocked cpu it can be countered by stucking a decent cooler on the cpu then overclock it till its running like its suppose to. But on a locked one that will be a bit difficult.
    You might as well stuck a 9800Gt or a 5670/6570 in there which runs that resolution and a bit higher without problems.
  26. The big problem is that those cards aren't even a good value; the value curve maximizes around the 6850/70 or even the 6950 depending on what price you can get it for and what game/resolution you run. The first reply you got at the very beginning summed it all up, I don't know why we're still here.
  27. Yes it maximizes around the 6950/6870 but will you be seeing value for your money on 1280? I mean you will be limiting your 200usd card to run below 60fps with first of with Vsync. That you can get with a 100usd card
  28. gnomio said:
    That you can get with a 100usd card

No, you certainly can't. That's the whole point. If we refer to the original post:
    Quote:
    I just wanted 2 ask that which gpu is gud enough 2 handle all modern and upcoming titles including metro 2033 and BFBC3...
    The resolution is 1280*1024...

we must conclude that $100 won't cut it, not by a long shot.
  29. Your forgetting one equation. Your LCD. Remember LCD screens don't have a refresh rate they just emulate one to be compatible with your gpu. LCDs really don't have a refresh rate they just emulate one because your gpu still works by using its framed buffers and then sending it to the LCD then its ready. Which means if your LCD and gpu are not in sync the frames will overlap each other and you will start to see horrible ghosting and such things. Gpu running at what 120fps plus when the LCD have a limitation of only to receive 60? You'll have no choice but to limit your card to run slower at what's it capable of. Now if you get a gpu to power your monitor and not your ego (not directed at you its just a saying) which you don't need to limit which will run around the same frame rate as the more expensive card without fiddling with Vsync which can cut your frame rate in half giving you 30fps and asking what's wrong.
    We are not using CRTs anymore we use LCDs and they got thrown into the mix as well which a person have to consider.

OP if you planning a resolution upgrade in the near future then go for it. If not buy a gpu to power your monitor. Not trying to be a knob just don't like seeing people waste their money
  30. Okay guyz so my next upgrade WILL b a monitor...Ill buy the Asus 6850 and then next month ill buy a hd monitor...gud enough???
  31. The i3-2100 will not bottleneck a HD 6770, a i3-2100 @ 3.2Ghz = Phenom II 955 @ 3.7Ghz.
  32. yummerzzz said:
    The i3-2100 will not bottleneck a HD 6770, a i3-2100 @ 3.2Ghz = Phenom II 955 @ 3.7Ghz.

My question was that will the i3-2100 bottleneck the ASUS 6850 at 1280*1024...all advice is much appreciated
  33. No, it will not.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards GPUs Resolution Graphics Product