BG1Tutu: Has monster respawning been fixed yet?

Looking forward to playing BG1 with the Tutu mod but the monster
respawning problem made it kind of tedious for me. Any plans on fixing
this soon if at all? Thanks.

magnate

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

In the last couple of months the Tutu Fixpack has gone from v5 to v13,
so quite a lot has been fixed. Not sure about the respawning thing
though (wasn't that a bug in the BG2 engine, rather than in Tutu?).

I played through Tutu in December (with Fixpack v5 and the then latest
Tweakpack), and the respawning only had one major impact - I didn't
bother to lay the ghost to rest in the Firewine dungeon (you know, the
maze of kobold commandos with fire arrows, just to get a piece of
armour from one guy and drop it off with another). So I missed out one
quest (1500xp). Otherwise it wasn't a problem - I got to kill a lot of
ankhegs!

CC

On 4 Apr 2005 04:03:37 -0700, "magnate" <chrisc@dbass.demon.co.uk>
wrote:

>In the last couple of months the Tutu Fixpack has gone from v5 to v13,
>so quite a lot has been fixed. Not sure about the respawning thing
>though (wasn't that a bug in the BG2 engine, rather than in Tutu?).

They (guys who created Tutu) said as much but they also said that it
IS probably fixable, but only with time and effort. Also, that other
mod that does the same thing does not have this problem. But I had so
many other problems with it, I'd rather just stick with Tutu.

>I played through Tutu in December (with Fixpack v5 and the then latest
>Tweakpack), and the respawning only had one major impact - I didn't
>bother to lay the ghost to rest in the Firewine dungeon (you know, the
>maze of kobold commandos with fire arrows, just to get a piece of
>armour from one guy and drop it off with another). So I missed out one
>quest (1500xp). Otherwise it wasn't a problem - I got to kill a lot of
>ankhegs!

Playing the game became tedious. That's a problem.

Mike S. wrote:
> They (guys who created Tutu) said as much but they also said that it
> IS probably fixable, but only with time and effort. Also, that other
> mod that does the same thing does not have this problem. But I had so
> many other problems with it, I'd rather just stick with Tutu.

As far as I can gather, BGT's monster spawns aren't any better. From
what I can learn from the forums, there seem to be plenty of arbitrary
design changes like putting BG2 creatures in place of their BG1
counterparts. Perhaps I misunderstood, but I don't believe they're
likely to have fixed it satisfactorily, because it's an engine issue.

In any cause, we've developed a workaround for Tutu. It's just a matter
of getting time time to code it up, since it's pretty complex. Keep an
eye out on the fixpack. Sorry for any inconvenience the current lack of
a solution may be causing.

- Sim

On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 15:26:00 GMT, SimDing0 <SimDing0@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>In any cause, we've developed a workaround for Tutu. It's just a matter
>of getting time time to code it up, since it's pretty complex. Keep an
>eye out on the fixpack. Sorry for any inconvenience the current lack of
>a solution may be causing.

Thanks for the info!

"Mike S." <mike@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> On 4 Apr 2005 04:03:37 -0700, "magnate" <chrisc@dbass.demon.co.uk>
> wrote:

> >I played through Tutu in December (with Fixpack v5 and the then
latest
> >Tweakpack), and the respawning only had one major impact - I didn't
> >bother to lay the ghost to rest in the Firewine dungeon (you know,
the
> >maze of kobold commandos with fire arrows, just to get a piece of
> >armour from one guy and drop it off with another). So I missed out
one
> >quest (1500xp). Otherwise it wasn't a problem - I got to kill a lot
of
> >ankhegs!
>
> Playing the game became tedious. That's a problem.

Oh, the fire arrows *are* the point of visiting Firewine. Of course.
They're the real treasure there...

Jonathan.

TRENDING THREADS