Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution

Really the opposite because it is a bigger heat sink and a bigger fan. Less revolutions means less noice in most cases.
Yeah... is there a reason you want an HD5770? There aren't many still around and the HD6770 is essentially the same card. If you can afford $140 though you have better options. Tell us your system's specs including PSU and native resolution as well as how much you are willing to spend and we will tell you what cards you should be looking at.

I like mine the best of any ive seen in person.
xfx with the egg cooler.
and as for the lifetime warranty mine came witha double
that means I can sell it (want to buy it ?) JK
There are two other companies that have the large egg cooler
as for the brand I can not remember. Only one of them was powercolour
I've heard nothing positive about them. The other was Sparkle or MSI
I can't remember offhand.

+1 for xfx

Avoid any and all EE external exhaust, It really is a bunch of noise for no reason with a 5770 it is a really cool running card. As for the hawk if it's what you want don't worry about te memory cooling on a good 5770 it seems to have lots of room above base clocks. I have mine at 1350mhz mem, it does go higher but I really didn't find it was helping anything.
No issues at all with good airflow.

xxdobermanxx

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2011

well i have read about the hd 6770 but at load it uses more power than the 5770 by 30 watts. (saw the review here ).
and remember when you recommending card please make sure they are power efficient (i.e. low power at idle and at load :) )
about my specs :
MOTHERBOARD: ASROCK G41 VS2
CPU: INTEL E3300 DUAL CORE 2.5 GHZ ( GONNA CLOCK IT TO 3.2).
PSU: XTECH 500 WATT
18 INCH HD MONITOR ( MAX RESOLUTION 1280 X 1024)
RAM: 1 GB DDR2 :( (GONNA GET 2 GIG MORE) (800MHZ)

xxdobermanxx

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2011

OK THANKS FOR THE INFO , BUT ISNT THE EGG COOLER FAN NOISY WHEN ON LOAD ?

I don't know what review you saw but the HD5770 and the HD6770 are the same card. As such they use the same amount of power.

xxdobermanxx

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2011

So if i get the HD 6850 will i be and overkill for the system specs i listed above ? and if so suggest to me the best brand ( xfx ,msi , sapphire etc )

Status
Not open for further replies.