2011 Dream Build

Relaxing

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
So I had some cash to burn and decided to put together a dream build.

Main Case: CM Storm Trooper
Secondary Case: Unknown
Motherboard: ASUS Rampage Extreme IV
CPU: Intel Core i7-3960
Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 1600 8X8GB
GPU: ASUS ENGTX590 X2 (SLI)
1st Power Supply: Corsair AX1200
2nd Power Supply: Corsair HX1050
SSD: Corsair Force Series 3 180GB (RAID 0)
HDD: Seagate ST3000DM001 3TB 7200EPM X4 (Raid configuration unknown if any)
Soundcard: ASUS Xonar Essence STX Virtual 7.1
Optical: LG WH12LS38 X2
Monitor: SAMSUNG S27A750D X3
Keyboard: Logitech G19
Mouse: Logitech G500
Cooling: Koolance water-cooling blocks:
CPU, Chipset, GPU x 2, RAM x 8, and maybe hard drive blocks.

The concept is for the CM Storm Trooper to contain all of the components and primary pump controls and pumps for the cooling system. I am planning on two loops, first is cpu, chipset, ram, the second will be for the gpu's and maybe the hard drives. The secondary case will be for the radiators and both power supplies and secondary pumps if necessary for flow rates. Storm trooper case modifications planed as of right now will be a window on the left side above ventilation , cable holes for running power cords into the right side in approximate locations of the interior cable management area. The secondary case will be modded to be mostly acrylic, hold 2 radiators, the 2 power supplies mounted to face the side. Both cases will have UV lighting for reaction with the waterlines. Length of separation between cases will be limited to length of associated power supply cords. Addition modification and color scheme will be black and red in a play on emperial guard, sith, and emperial guards as a play on the CM Storm Trooper case name.

I will add pictures as components arrive and as build progresses. All comments are welcome.

g-unit1111

Titan
I will add pictures as components arrive and as build progresses. All comments are welcome.

The sound card *probably* wasn't necessary but given all the other hardware you purchased I can see why you would want it. :lol:

Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 1600 8X8GB

64GB???? :ouch: :ouch: :ouch: :ouch: :ouch: :ouch: :ouch:

Sounds like a sweet project. What was the final total for all that if you don't mind me asking?

If the two cases don't work you could always try the Mountain Mods UFO: http://www.mountainmods.com/maximumpc-dream-machine-2010-p-593.html

Relaxing

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011

I ordered my parts from a few sources; the cost is in the 9k range off the top of my head.