When I plug in my GPU, my mATX mobo will not post.

AnonSVN

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013
Hello, I have this P8H61-M LX3 R2.0 that I just bought, and it works great. However, it seems to not want to POST when I plug the 6-Pin power into my GTS450.
This issue was persisting with my MSI mATX mobo that I had for a week (and then returned), but now I know it's not a motherboard issue.

as long as the 4/8 pin pci power is connected..to give the video card the first 75w of power from the pci slot. then it looks like your video card went bad...all i can say is see if there another pc or video card you can use for testing...also before you call the card dead make sure your mb has the newest bios...as long as it not a beta bios.

AnonSVN

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013

You mean the 4-pin adapter that goes on the middle-right side of the mobo next to the 26-pin/whatever ?

I have a 9500GT, I can go try that, I guess. But that one doesn't use the 6-pin GPU power cable, so... (Also, I have a secondary 450GTS)

What exactly are you using for a psu?
A GTX450 wants a 400w psu and a 6 pin connector.
A 9500GT wants 350W.

If you have a less capable psu, you would have those issues.
Or, if your psu is a cheap one of poor quality, it may not deliver all the advertised power, or may not deliver it on the +12v rail where it is needed.

AnonSVN

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013

I believe it is a 550W Thermaltake W0330RU, but I'm not too sure.
Here's a image of it.
EFYpqNR.png

Enjoy the dust.

Also, after I removed the 9500GT, the mobo wouldn't post.
I had the same issue with my old MSI mATX mobo that I had a week ago, so this isn't a motherboard issue for sure.

Also, for some reason, the 3V rail seems to be very high when I first turn it on. But then it goes down after Windows starts.
eHqJ324.jpg

AnonSVN

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013

Oh, it's a big issue. I just plugged in my GSIII via the USB port and the entire motherboard just shut down.

And now it won't turn on again :eek:
Looks like I'm going to have to wait another 10 minutes for it to recover.