Unigine stuttering

buttermesilly

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012
Hello everyone, I was trying out the Unigine DX11 a few minutes ago. And noticed that when I turn off anti alias and tessellation I would getting some sort of stuttering every 5-7 seconds but my framesates would never actually drop. My framerates are around 40-60fps during this setup. I i do use anti aliasing and tessellation I would be getting 30fps and smoother rendering.

I find it weird that I would get stuttering on 40-60fps and not get the stutters on 30fps.

I tried to read about stuttering issues and found about the stuttering issues BF3 players are having. One of the suggestions was turning Hyperthreading off. So I went to the BIOS and turned Hyperthreading off.

Turning Hyperthreading off actually solves my Uningine issue and I don't get the stutters anymore, but when I play BF3 with HT off, I get MASSIVE stutters, while with HT enabled I don't get any stutters on BF3 but get them on Uningine.

Was wondering if this is normal? Does Uningine have any issues with HT?

Thanks for the inputs.

Here are my specs

i3-2120
HIS IceQ X 6870
8GB Patriot Sector 5
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
OCZ Petrol 128 GB

G

it looks like you touched upon the debate whether HT causes stuttering and found out in some instances it does and and others it doesn't.

buttermesilly

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012
Yes, Ive read about the debates.

What I find weird is that I seem to be the only person having this strange issue. Most BF3 players have had their stuttering gone by disabling hyper threading while mine is doing the exact opposite.

I haven't also seen anyone having stuttering issues with Unigine by playing with the HT settings.

G

i forgot where it was/is but recently i think i read a sandy bridge-e review that stated BF3 went flonky for them when HT was disabled. but how or what i do not recall.

i sometimes find myself thinking," there maybe no reason it is what it is and take appropriate actions". :lol:

buttermesilly

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012
Yeah I tried searching forums for anyone who has the same issue.

To think its already bothersome to people having stuttering issues with BF3 related to HT.

It annoys me that the supposed fix that works for almost everybody breaks mine.

I can keep HT enabled as that lets me play BF3 pretty good. I'm still wondering why its doing what its doing with the Unigine benchmark. I tried running the benchmark again on 640x480 and im still getting a stutter every 4-5 seconds, now that's just crazy.