NZXT Source 210 Side Panel Compatability

r3zs1ckn3ss

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2011
Soooooo I'm on a budget and got http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146076.
Wanna do some mods but I really don't feel like completely having to cut everything on the side panel just to get a window. Is there any NZXT cases that have a compatible side panel WITH a window? Searching everywhere but I can't find anything. Even contacted NZXT and they haven't sent a response yet.

Solution
I contacted NZXT and they said that the Tempest 410 Elite side panel will fit the Source 210. The problem is that, they charge $16.99+ shipping for each side panel and it is in black. I have the Source 210 Elite and I do not want black side panels.

So after doing some research, I found this case. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=11-146-102&nm_mc=EMCPB-062013&cm_mmc=EMCPB-062013-_-PB-_-Item-_-11-146-102

This is everything I need except for the USB 3.0 in the front and the color white. But I can sacrifice the color and the front USB 3.0 for a side window panel. Plus black goes with everything such as internal card readers and fan control systems that are only available in black.

whatsthatnoise

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
I really doubt another case matches the Source 210's side panel.

Besides, I did a quick window mod for my NZXT H2 3 days ago. Got some acrylic and double sided tape for less than 10 bucks. Preparing the door with tape, cutting out the window and putting in the acrylic took about 30minutes plus 3-4hours waiting for the white paint, that I applied to the edges, to dry.

And that was the first time ever I did something like that. I can only recommend trying it yourself. :)

mudblood72

Honorable
Apr 19, 2012

Hello I have NZXT Source 210 and also wanted to add a window, but I was skeptical about cutting it myself. I had asked NZXT , on their main web-site, if the left side panel from a Phantom and I was told no (then realizing that the Phantom is a full size case as opposed to the Phantom 410 which is a mid size case) . On reddit.com, I had talked to someone from Marketing, since they have a day dedicated to customers being able to ask question and I asked him if the left side panel from the Phantom 410 will fit a source 210, he said yes. Then he had told me that he will request them to be added to the store. That is far as I got. I hope this helps.

lazyhl1994

Honorable
May 16, 2013
I contacted NZXT and they said that the Tempest 410 Elite side panel will fit the Source 210. The problem is that, they charge $16.99+ shipping for each side panel and it is in black. I have the Source 210 Elite and I do not want black side panels.

So after doing some research, I found this case. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=11-146-102&nm_mc=EMCPB-062013&cm_mmc=EMCPB-062013-_-PB-_-Item-_-11-146-102

This is everything I need except for the USB 3.0 in the front and the color white. But I can sacrifice the color and the front USB 3.0 for a side window panel. Plus black goes with everything such as internal card readers and fan control systems that are only available in black.

Solution

r3zs1ckn3ss

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2011
I'm about 2 computers past that old one but thanx. I did see that new one recently and was drooling. It's a well ventilated and great for cable management. One of the cleanest builds I've ever done. And it's a good base for having a case to customize. So the added window is bonus for reals.

TRENDING THREADS