Sign in with
Your question

Asrock z77 extreme 4 or asus maximus v gene z77

Last response: in Motherboards
February 4, 2013 3:37:40 AM

:hello: 
I am confused between asus z77 extreme 4 and asus maximus gene v. I need the board for mild overclocking and gaming. Plz select the board for i5 3570k and asus radeon hd dc2t. I am from India and the price difference between asus board and asrock board is almost $80. Is the asus board worth this price?
February 4, 2013 10:20:09 AM

Just get the ASRock board and you'll be fine. ASRock is very good for overclocking. Th service of gigabyte and ASUS is very good in India but I have no idea about ASRock.
Better getter ASRock z77 extreme 6 as it is only 2000 more(well atleast on flipkart).
Also I'd reccomend you go to a local shop and not order it online, due to warranty issues.
February 4, 2013 9:30:01 PM

I'M running the asrock right now and it's fantastic.
Related resources
February 4, 2013 9:31:28 PM

I also have a 3570k installed in it. It's a great pairing.
February 4, 2013 10:55:48 PM

Thanks everybody but what about after sales service network of asrock? Is it reliable in India? And one more question, asrock extreme 4 has dimensions less than ATX dimensions. So, will it pose a problem while installing in the case?
February 4, 2013 10:56:05 PM

Thanks everybody but what about after sales service network of asrock? Is it reliable in India? And one more question, asrock extreme 4 has dimensions less than ATX dimensions. So, will it pose a problem while installing in the case?
February 4, 2013 11:03:34 PM

the asrock is fantastic for overclocking.

if its like the z68 board it also has the mounting holes for other chipsets coolers. might save you a buck or 2 if you have a heatsink from a previous build
February 4, 2013 11:19:09 PM

epsilondav said:

I don't know about after sales service from ASRock that is why I told you to get it from a shop and not a online shop. When you buy from a local shop, you can just take the motherboard to the shop if you have any problem and they will fix or replace it for you. They always have better ties with the brands.
February 4, 2013 11:23:27 PM

ordering online is always cheaper though
February 4, 2013 11:29:18 PM

neon neophyte said:
ordering online is always cheaper though

Actually in some cases it is not. I live here so I know the condition. It is cheaper for the smaller towns but then there's the problem with replacements
February 4, 2013 11:32:01 PM

No problems installing asrock at all
April 26, 2013 11:43:41 AM

The Asus Maximus V Gene is a ROG board and is for enthusiastic overclocking with a better bios and better functions geared towards ocing. It is good for gaming and ocing but the Asrock is better if your not going for that crazy overclock.
!