XFX Radeon 5670

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewmeister11

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011
So a year ago, I got a XFX Radeon 5670 around the same time I got a new motherboard. I would constantly get messages saying that 'the AMD Driver stopped responding but has recovered', and quite often I'd just crash to a blue screen. The error reports were less than helpful. I found that when the drivers are NOT installed, it's stable. No problems at all, though some games warn me about my driver being out of date. A few months ago I updated my drivers as a test, and while it still crashed on the first startup (sometimes the second, but rarely) it would then proceed to play beautifully. However, I just moved my computer parts into a new case and the problem has come back with a vengeance. I can't seem to even open a folder without my display locking up and going to blue screen. I tried uninstalling the drivers and deleting any files pertaining to them so that I could go back to just the basic driver that came on the CD, which originally worked fine, but that's not working anymore either. I just want to know if this seems like a software problem (since w/o drivers it seems to work) or a hardware problem, and whether or not simply buying a new card will fix it. Tried other tech forums, but haven't had much luck...

I'm using an Asus M4A785-M motherboard, have an Athlon xII quad core processor, XFX Radeon 5670, and a new 620W Seasonic M12 II Bronze PSU. Please help :(

Solution
have you overclocked the card?i guessing its a no.
1)as jeepster said try another gfx card from your friend (to rule out the possibility of bad mobo).
2)if the card is new and still in warranty get it replaced.

ansonjoy007

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
have you overclocked the card?i guessing its a no.
1)as jeepster said try another gfx card from your friend (to rule out the possibility of bad mobo).
2)if the card is new and still in warranty get it replaced.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.