a_tractor

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011
hi guys just wondering if i get a usb 3.0 card for the x1 pci express slot. will my graphics drop down to x8 or not? :bounce: if not will it decrease the power of my gpu in any other way? :bounce:

Any replies will be greatley appriciated.

Check your Mobo Manual for the placement of the PCIe cards. It will tell you exactly which slots are linked to which ones, thus by adding anything in 2 linked slots will reduce the speed of the other slot.
You can choose another slot if available and not linked to the one that holds the GPU if you feel like it.
Although the difference in functioning at 8X or 16X is not going to effect game play for you since it's not that obviously visible on the Monitor.
Though you will see the difference in Synthetic Benchmarks. Usage wise it's not going to e a problem, unless, conflicting hardware is used.

Is this it?
200705120843020187_P35A-8EKRS2H-updata.jpg

Here's the link for the Manual
http://www.foxconnsupport.com/download.aspx?models=en-us0000318&category=C000000001&series=en-us0000002&keywords=&sort=Motherboard%20Manual

Since you have only one PCIe X1 slots, doesn't leave you with much of an option does it.

Note: Been through the whole Manual, and there is not one place that mentions whether the PCIe X1 shares resources with the PCIe X16 and X4 slots. Unbelievable.
That leaves us with just one option. Try it out and let us know.

what difference will it make ? I run a pci-e 1 slot sound card. nothing happens. everything runs fine. it constantly performs whereas the card will only run when it's being used/accessed. I used pci1 slot cards once in a while for other things. never noticed any slow downs.

and you should also be able to place that x1 slot card in the x16 ( or x4 if that's what it is ) slot if i'm not mistaken.

a_tractor

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011
ok guys it would be more convenient if i could put it in the x4 slot can i do it and to answer your question yes it did work but are you sure you can use it in different pci express slots? if so pleeeeeese reply.