Did I do the right thing?

tygasp

Honorable
Mar 15, 2012
Hi, I am building a budget gaming computer and I was having doubts about getting the i3-2120 over one of the AMD quads. So could someone tell me if I did the right thing. Like I heard that the AMD processors run cooler than the Intels, but I’m not sure what to think. So could someone point me in the right direction please

Solution
Hello,

You did the right thing. You will be able to upgrade your CPU if you require more power. However the i3 is still pretty good right now. If you ever need more CPU power - and I5 would be a very good upgrade, however you shouldn't need to for a while.

akxpckwb

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
For gaming the Intel CPU's beat AMD at any given price range. The i3 is specially good for a budget gaming PC. You can easily eradicate any doubts by looking at benchmarks all over the internet. The i3 will beat it's AMD competitors in mostly anything except heavy threaded applications that favor multi cored CPUs

Hello,

You did the right thing. You will be able to upgrade your CPU if you require more power. However the i3 is still pretty good right now. If you ever need more CPU power - and I5 would be a very good upgrade, however you shouldn't need to for a while.

Solution

+1

Glad we had the answer you needed. If you have any further questions. Please feel free to ask one us of in a PM. or just make a thread!. I hope we made a big impact in your Build. and we look forward to hearing about it soon!

Thank You!