Motherboard high temp.

edd1990

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2013
160scar.jpg

As you can see TMPIN1 temp. is far from good, so is there any way to lower it down ?

Cleaned my whole PC inside and outside, there is no dust at all. So what is actually causing it to be that high ? Thank you in advance.

eightdrunkengods

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2011
That's probably your core temperature and it's too hot. Is your CPU fan spinning? Either your fan isn't spinning or the cooling system is inadequate. You may have to reinstall your CPU cooler or buy a better one.

I'm also confused about TMPIN2 reding 6 C. That's freaking cold. I can't imagine any part of your case being that cold. I suspect that monitor isn't working all the time.

What are the 3 columns? Average, idle, max?

Can you post your system specs?

edd1990

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2013
Thanks for your reply.

3 Columns are : Current value, Max temp. and Min. temp.

---------------------------------------------

System specs:

- OPERATING SYSTEM

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

- CPU

AMD Athlon II X4 651 20 °C
Llano 32nm Technology

- RAM

8,00 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)

- MOTHERBOARD

Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-A75M-S2V (Socket M2) 29 °C

- GRAPHICS

831W (1366x768@60Hz)
AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series

- HARD DRIVES

932GB Seagate ST31000524AS ATA Device (SATA) 30 °C

- OPTICAL DRIVES

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS40 ATA Device

Did copy paste in software called 'Speccy'.

As you can see, in Speccy there are no °C to worry about, so actually I don't know what to do next..

RhysGittoes

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013
Hmm this is quite unsual with gigabyte hardware. I think this probably isnt the motherboard failure however its the cooling mechanism. Its seem your cooling system is not good enough or just not working. Make sure all your temperature sensors are working as maybe the cooling system is not detecting the rise of temperature. I agree with eightdrunkengods in the fact that maybe you need to re install your CPU cooling system.
Im also very confused and am amazed that any part of your case being that cold as eightdrunkengods said, your moniter probably isnt working all the time.

just check if ur cooling system is working :)

eightdrunkengods

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2011

If the columns really are actually Current, Max, Min, then something is wrong with your temperature monitoring hardware or software. Your "Min" temps are higher than any of your other ones. Current, Min, Max would make sense.

Download SpeedFan (http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php) and see if it reads the same temperatures.

Is your CPU fan spinning?

edd1990

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2013
Sorry, my bad.. it's like this: Current value, Min temp. and Max. temp.

And yes, my CPU fan is spinning.

Speedfan readings:

2ypf7rb.png

eightdrunkengods

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2011
Well, the good news is that all your other temps look fine. Your "Core" temp (in Speedfan) is obviously not correct but that happens sometimes with certain processors and motherboards. Mine reads 0 C all the time. Anyway, your Temp2 (speedfan) is essentially the same thing.

Either your CPU fan isn't spinning up enough to move air over the heatsink (unlikely) or the CPU cooler is making poor contact with the CPU.

I think you need to re-seat your CPU cooler. This will involve taking your cooler off, cleaning the old thermal compound (if there is any) off of the CPU and the cooler, applying new compound, and reinstalling it.

If you google "how install AM3 CPU cooler", you'll find some tutorials. You can use rubbing alcohol to remove the old thermal paste. Just be careful and make sure everything is good and dry before you apply the new paste. You can buy thermal paste at computer stores or maybe a local best buy. "Arctic Silver" is a common brand of paste.

Luckily, none of this is very expensive. Arctic Silver is really cheap and even if you need a new cooler, you won't be out very much $$.