Who is motherboard manufacturer

I have a problem dell dimension 4600 motherboard and am trying to troubleshoot it but was wondering who manufactured it. There is an emblem on it but I don't know which company it is.

If someone could recommend a website that has all the motherboard manufacturers and their respective emblem I could use this information.

Regards.
11 answers Last reply
More about motherboard manufacturer
  1. I know of no website that lists motherboards and their 'emblems'. Perhaps if you could post a picture of the board.
  2. clutchc said:
    I know of no website that lists motherboards and their 'emblems'. Perhaps if you could post a picture of the board.

Here is a link to the motherboard http://computerpartdiscounters.com/dell-dimension-4600-motherboard-2y832-cn-02y832.html

Regards.
  3. I suggest using cpuz from cpuid.com or speccy from priform. But that looks to be an old Intel 865 chipset board. Dells used Intel alot back in the day.
  4. ...and you may have to contact Dell and see if they'll still talk to you. It is an awfully old board.
  5. clutchc said:
    ...and you may have to contact Dell and see if they'll still talk to you. It is an awfully old board.

Thanks for trying. Btw, a long time ago I had access to a website that listed motherboard manufacturers with their respective company emblem, but I do not know where it is.

Regards.
  6. Doesn't your board have a name and model number stenciled somewhere on it?
  7. Chances are it was produced by Intel or Foxxcon.

Use CPU-Z and go through your drivers list. Maybe you can find a hint or two there.

But rather tell us what the problem is with your PC?
  8. Last Dimension 4600 I opened up, had an Asus board directly from Dell. Dell has also used ECS/PCChips.... To my knowledge, Dell hasn't used Intel branded boards in their consumer systems due to their history of using "proprietary" power connectors on their motherboards and power supplies....
  9. The dell dimension 4600 motherboard is not posting. I know it's got some life in it because when I change out some of the PCI cards with non working ones it doesn't power on. Additionally, the processor fan does not spin so I think this is the number one source for no post at power on.
  10. Tomsuser67 said:
    The dell dimension 4600 motherboard is not posting. I know it's got some life in it because when I change out some of the PCI cards with non working ones it doesn't power on. Additionally, the processor fan does not spin so I think this is the number one source for no post at power on.

Sounds like a RAM or PSU issue. If its RAM, chuck the PC out, no luck in finding DDR(400MHz) RAM. If its the PSU, I guess it could be worth it.
  11. Dell Dimension 4600 was pretty well known for PSU failures...
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Dimension Dell