Sign in with
Your question

Who is motherboard manufacturer

Last response: in Motherboards
February 4, 2013 4:06:32 PM

I have a problem dell dimension 4600 motherboard and am trying to troubleshoot it but was wondering who manufactured it. There is an emblem on it but I don't know which company it is.

If someone could recommend a website that has all the motherboard manufacturers and their respective emblem I could use this information.

Regards.
a c 400 V Motherboard
February 5, 2013 1:33:56 AM

I know of no website that lists motherboards and their 'emblems'. Perhaps if you could post a picture of the board.
m
l
Related resources
February 5, 2013 2:05:08 PM

I suggest using cpuz from cpuid.com or speccy from priform. But that looks to be an old Intel 865 chipset board. Dells used Intel alot back in the day.
m
l
a c 400 V Motherboard
February 5, 2013 5:39:26 PM

...and you may have to contact Dell and see if they'll still talk to you. It is an awfully old board.
m
l
February 5, 2013 6:48:41 PM

clutchc said:
...and you may have to contact Dell and see if they'll still talk to you. It is an awfully old board.

Thanks for trying. Btw, a long time ago I had access to a website that listed motherboard manufacturers with their respective company emblem, but I do not know where it is.

Regards.
m
l
a c 400 V Motherboard
February 5, 2013 6:56:49 PM

Doesn't your board have a name and model number stenciled somewhere on it?
m
l
a c 171 V Motherboard
February 5, 2013 7:43:36 PM

Chances are it was produced by Intel or Foxxcon.

Use CPU-Z and go through your drivers list. Maybe you can find a hint or two there.

But rather tell us what the problem is with your PC?
m
l
a b V Motherboard
February 5, 2013 9:11:28 PM

Last Dimension 4600 I opened up, had an Asus board directly from Dell. Dell has also used ECS/PCChips.... To my knowledge, Dell hasn't used Intel branded boards in their consumer systems due to their history of using "proprietary" power connectors on their motherboards and power supplies....
m
l
February 5, 2013 9:14:58 PM

The dell dimension 4600 motherboard is not posting. I know it's got some life in it because when I change out some of the PCI cards with non working ones it doesn't power on. Additionally, the processor fan does not spin so I think this is the number one source for no post at power on.

m
l
a c 171 V Motherboard
February 5, 2013 9:18:22 PM

Tomsuser67 said:
The dell dimension 4600 motherboard is not posting. I know it's got some life in it because when I change out some of the PCI cards with non working ones it doesn't power on. Additionally, the processor fan does not spin so I think this is the number one source for no post at power on.

Sounds like a RAM or PSU issue. If its RAM, chuck the PC out, no luck in finding DDR(400MHz) RAM. If its the PSU, I guess it could be worth it.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
February 10, 2013 2:26:47 AM

Dell Dimension 4600 was pretty well known for PSU failures...
m
l
!