Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Air flow

Last response: in Components
Share
March 28, 2012 4:19:07 PM

Hello, i have a cooler master enforce case, and i am using the corsair h80 cooler in push pull sistem with their two fans blowing ar out of case, in my case there is one front fan intake air, and my question is about the top fan, i am using one 200mm exhausting air, is this correct? is there any problem with this fan exausting air will disturb my h80? thanks

More about : air flow

March 28, 2012 4:29:33 PM

Top fans almost always used as exhaust. You should be fine.

You could switch it to intake & see if it brings your temps down. :) 
m
0
l
March 28, 2012 4:33:48 PM

Hot air rises therefore it makes complete sense to have a top fan exhausting air. I can't see any airflow problems based on what you have told us :) 
m
0
l
Related resources
March 28, 2012 7:52:25 PM

its usually intake with the h80

ie the fans pull cooler air in through the radiator not pull warm air from inside the case through the radiator

then out--same principle as a car radiator--outside air is drawn through the radiator not hot air from the engine

then it gets exhausted out the top by the 200mm
m
0
l
March 28, 2012 11:53:53 PM

mcnumpty23 said:
its usually intake with the h80

ie the fans pull cooler air in through the radiator not pull warm air from inside the case through the radiator

then out--same principle as a car radiator--outside air is drawn through the radiator not hot air from the engine

then it gets exhausted out the top by the 200mm


it make sense, but, i am concerned about the dust that fans will put inside case, the problem is if a 200mm top fan exhaust will suck the air necessary to h80 fans?
m
0
l
March 28, 2012 11:56:39 PM


Shot at 2012-03-22 here is my case
m
0
l
March 29, 2012 5:42:17 AM

Keeping the rad fans as intake would bring your temps down by a few degrees, because the air outside your case is cooler. but, it will blow the hot air from your radiator in side your case which may cause thermal load inside your chassis.

If you're happy with your current temps, then don't change anything.
m
0
l
March 29, 2012 9:12:29 AM

well it works fine for me

coolermaster storm trooper

4 x 120mm intake fans

h80 push pull intake

200mm top exhaust

2600k at 5ghz

gtx570 at 850mhz and 4406mhz

the positive pressure from the intakes seem to push the hot air up through the vents surrounding the top

200mm as well as the 200mm exhausting it

all my fans are on low rpms and the pc is very quiet but still cool

my gtx570 is sitting at idle now at 27c and cpu at 29c on the hottest core and 22c on the coolest on idle

after 10 minutes of 80% load the cpu was still under 60c

though the ambient temperature here isnt hot probably 15c or so

heres the cpu temps

http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z330/mcnumpty23/tem...



m
0
l
March 30, 2012 1:51:39 AM

mcnumpty23 said:
well it works fine for me

coolermaster storm trooper

4 x 120mm intake fans

h80 push pull intake

200mm top exhaust

2600k at 5ghz

gtx570 at 850mhz and 4406mhz

the positive pressure from the intakes seem to push the hot air up through the vents surrounding the top

200mm as well as the 200mm exhausting it

all my fans are on low rpms and the pc is very quiet but still cool

my gtx570 is sitting at idle now at 27c and cpu at 29c on the hottest core and 22c on the coolest on idle

after 10 minutes of 80% load the cpu was still under 60c

though the ambient temperature here isnt hot probably 15c or so

heres the cpu temps

http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z330/mcnumpty23/tem...


thanks for help me, i wil put my top fan to intake air, i presume it will increase air flow.
m
0
l
March 30, 2012 7:53:05 AM

fbonewvirus said:
thanks for help me, i wil put my top fan to intake air, i presume it will increase air flow.



yes it will
m
0
l
March 30, 2012 8:07:10 AM

really! I want to try it!
m
0
l
!