Sign in with
Your question

HD Connector on MotherBoard

Last response: in Motherboards
February 4, 2013 5:35:33 PM
a b V Motherboard
February 4, 2013 7:54:28 PM

The component in the picture is called a Sound Card and it supports a full surround sound speaker system.

It fits into a spare expansion slot on your existing motherboard. They come in both PCI and PCIe versions.
m
l
a c 415 V Motherboard
February 5, 2013 1:03:32 AM

What specifications are requiring you do have 8 channel sound. Btw, that board does 8 channel sound with those 3 output ports and the front jacks. See your motherboard manual.
m
l
Related resources
February 15, 2013 5:29:34 AM

phil22 said:
The component in the picture is called a Sound Card and it supports a full surround sound speaker system.

It fits into a spare expansion slot on your existing motherboard. They come in both PCI and PCIe versions.

Yes, that is the image of a sound card, but, my board has 8 channel support on board, but only 3 ports are given, so I am missing the mic when I use 5.1 sound system with it.

So is there any sort of port extender etc like what is available for firewire pins onboard?
m
l
February 15, 2013 5:31:39 AM

clutchc said:
What specifications are requiring you do have 8 channel sound. Btw, that board does 8 channel sound with those 3 output ports and the front jacks. See your motherboard manual.

yes, that is correct, but how to take advantage of them in conjunction with mic, and no port extender is there, only 3 ports and my audio system is 5.1? Thank you.
m
l
!