Sign in with
Your question

Converting wireless signal to wired with computer?

Last response: in Networking
January 18, 2011 7:00:10 PM

My desktop computer doesn't have a wireless card in it. i also have a laptop which does have a wireless card. I was wondering if there is a way i can take the wireless connection and re-transmit it to the desktop through ethernet. I have a 5-port switch. I don't really know much about networking. but i am knowledgeable in computers. laptop has windows 7 on it. i really would prefer to not buy a wireless card for the desktop. if anybody can help that would be great. thanks
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
January 18, 2011 7:28:23 PM

See Windows Internet Connection Sharing in Windows Help (or Google it).
m
l
January 19, 2011 2:13:20 PM

zinzara said:
My desktop computer doesn't have a wireless card in it. i also have a laptop which does have a wireless card. I was wondering if there is a way i can take the wireless connection and re-transmit it to the desktop through ethernet. I have a 5-port switch. I don't really know much about networking. but i am knowledgeable in computers. laptop has windows 7 on it. i really would prefer to not buy a wireless card for the desktop. if anybody can help that would be great. thanks

So why you want to use Wireless Connection b'coz if you want to use Wireless Network on your Desktop you need to connect wireless Ethernet card in your system.

if you don't want to Purchase Wireless card then you can should use Wired Network Connection then both connected on ethernet.
m
l
!