Suggestions for my build please?

Approximate Purchase Date: December 22-31

Budget Range: $500-$700 Before / After Rebates

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, surfing the internet, and watching movies online.

Parts Not Required: Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor, Speakers. **Include Power Supply Make & Model If Re-using**

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg.com, Amazon.com

Country: United States

Parts Preferences: It doesn't really matter, whatever works best.

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: Yes

Monitor Resolution: I have no clue...

Ok, so far guys I have this build:

Motherboard: JetWay JTA75MG FM1 AMD A75 (Hudson D3) HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$71.97

CPU: AMD A8-3850 2.9GHz Socket FM1 Quad-Core Desktop APU $134.99

Graphics Card: XFX HD-667X-ZHF3 Radeon HD 6670 1GB 128-bit DDR3 $90.97 (This is for Crossfire with the APU)

CPU Cooler: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 120mm sleeve CPU Cooler $29.04

CD/DVD: LITE-ON DVD Burner - Bulk Black SATA Model iHAS124-04 - OEM $17.99

Computer Case: Rosewill REDBONE Black SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case $44.98

Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue WD3200AAKS 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive $126.28

Power Supply: RAIDMAX HYBRID 2 RX-530SS 530W ATX12V V2.2/ EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Modular LED Power Supply $43.98

Memory: CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9R $39.99

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit - OEM $99.99

Total: $689.40


So, is there anything else I can switch out? Or do you guys suggest a completely different build? If you do, please tell me the parts. I plan on crossfiring the APU and GPU together, and I heard that they're both REALLY good. Also, do you guys think I should go with CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 631 Quad-Core and get a Graphic Card: Radeon 6850. If you think I should, can you give me a build for it :love:
15 answers Last reply
More about suggestions build please
  1. I'd mirror the $600 SBM build pretty closely.

    You've stated you're not going to OC, so I would devote the After market HSF money to an increase in the graphical department.

    Overall I'd recommend:

    i5-2300

    A good PSU for cheap. Like an Antec Earthwatts 430W PSU.

    You stated you want to Crossfire, but mentioned you were going to Xfire the 6670 w/ the APU. If you got an intel based system, were you still looking to Xfire?
  2. A much better mobo : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157272 is 80$
    or this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138324
    this is cheaper http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157176
    With all this motherboards you can unlock this quad core into 5 or 6 core http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103995 is cheaper and better than AMD A8-3850 is Now: $124.99.
  3. cmcghee358 said:
    I'd mirror the $600 SBM build pretty closely.

    You've stated you're not going to OC, so I would devote the After market HSF money to an increase in the graphical department.

    Overall I'd recommend:

    i5-2300

    A good PSU for cheap. Like an Antec Earthwatts 430W PSU.

    You stated you want to Crossfire, but mentioned you were going to Xfire the 6670 w/ the APU. If you got an intel based system, were you still looking to Xfire?


    If I go an intel based system, no, I don't plan on crossfiring. And thanks for the PSU and CPU suggestions, ill look for a build for the cpu :D
  4. sosofm said:
    A much better mobo : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157272 is 80$
    or this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138324
    this is cheaper http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157176
    With all this motherboards you can unlock this quad core into 5 or 6 core http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103995 is cheaper and better than AMD A8-3850 is Now: $124.99.

    Hey, I looked at the benchmark for AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma 3.0GHz, and it had a performance of 4048. And the AMD APU-3850 had a performance of 5,494. Hence that's why http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html said that it was the 3rd best in value for the money CPU. But I'm not denying of agreeing with your suggestion, I just want to ask. When I unlock the cores, will they be any better? And I've seen all those motherboards before :D they're a very good price.
  5. As someone that's a die hard fan of AMD, I strongly recommend an Intel build at this time.

    If you get a Phenom II you are buying an old architecture. It will immediately be dated, and very shortly will be a complete bottleneck for gaming with a mid-high end card.
  6. ^ +1, your budget allows it.
  7. cmcghee358 said:
    As someone that's a die hard fan of AMD, I strongly recommend an Intel build at this time.

    If you get a Phenom II you are buying an old architecture. It will immediately be dated, and very shortly will be a complete bottleneck for gaming with a mid-high end card.

    Ok, I understand. Could you help me put together a Intel i5-2300 build on Newegg? :D
  8. Check out my build guide here:
    http://www.squidoo.com/electronicandmore
    The $600 build would work great!

    Get this OS BTW, it's cheaper than most.
    http://www.softwaresupplygroup.com/microsoft-windows-7-home-premium-64-bit-oem-branded.html
  9. aznshinobi said:
    Check out my build guide here:
    http://www.squidoo.com/electronicandmore
    The $600 build would work great!

    Get this OS BTW, it's cheaper than most.
    http://www.softwaresupplygroup.com/microsoft-windows-7-home-premium-64-bit-oem-branded.html

    WHOA! I never seen a Windows 7 OEM this cheap. Thanks! P.S. Can I trust this website :p have you bought from it before? I just wanna be sure
  10. aznshinobi said:
    Check out my build guide here:
    http://www.squidoo.com/electronicandmore
    The $600 build would work great!

    Get this OS BTW, it's cheaper than most.
    http://www.softwaresupplygroup.com/microsoft-windows-7-home-premium-64-bit-oem-branded.html

    Oh yeah, you know they increased the $30-$100 hard drives to $100+? Yeah, I know this sucks... So the "$44" Hard Drive, doesn't exist anymore :cry:
  11. I haven't but I've had a few forum members buy from there. If you can't trust them, check here:
    http://www.discountmountainsoftware.com/miwi7hoprfuv6.html?cmp=gp
    I'd trust this more from the BBB rating.

    I know they increased HDD prices... But I state go to NCIX.
    http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=59705&vpn=WD2500AAKX&manufacture=Western%20Digital%20WD
  12. aznshinobi said:
    I haven't but I've had a few forum members buy from there. If you can't trust them, check here:
    http://www.discountmountainsoftware.com/miwi7hoprfuv6.html?cmp=gp
    I'd trust this more from the BBB rating.

    I know they increased HDD prices... But I state go to NCIX.
    http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=59705&vpn=WD2500AAKX&manufacture=Western%20Digital%20WD

    have u used the hd b4?
  13. Oh never mind, I found a great build everyone thanks to aznshinobi and cmcghee358's suggestion about Intel CPUs. THANK YOU GUYS :bounce: :pt1cable: :na:
  14. Oh ya, just one more question. What's Window's Branded?
  15. I believe it means OEM branded. But I'm not sure.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product