$600-900 Build for College/Gaming

Title Pretty much says it all. I am a college student studying biology, but when not doing school work I love to game. I currently play Skyrim and SWTOR and mainly want a computer that can deal with those and other like games fairly well. Mainly this is a new computer that can handle SWTOR much better than my Pc now.

My Current System is an old slightly modded Cyberpower PC which is one of the old Core 2 Duo's with 1.5gb DDR2 RAM, 2 250gb HDD's, and a 8800 gts 512.

Approximate Purchase Date: Sometime beginning in Jan. 2012, when I key my school check heh

Budget Range: 600-900 USD range.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming and more gaming, with some college work

Parts Not Required: Already have a nice key board and mouse, but need new monitor

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg

Parts Preferences: Somewhat prefer Intel and Nvidia

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Not quite sure

Monitor Resolution: Prefer a resolution higher than my current 1280x1024

Additional Comments: I am torn between building my own or just having a system built for me by either cyber power or a local place in town. I might not have the luxury to mess around with a self build if a problem comes up and I am weary of dealing with software issues.

EDIT: SWTOR is the main focus here! :D
4 answers Last reply
More about build college gaming
  1. If it is a maybe, try the i5-2500k. It is only $220 or $180 in Microcenter.
    For Video Card, since your budget is limited, try the Radeon 6770 or the 550 from NVIDIA.
  2. You can always buy an SSD until hard drive prices drop
  3. Take a look at the $800 build in my sig. You can probably get the OS for $25 and add a full HD monitor for around $160.

Includes i5 2400 + GTX560Ti.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build College Systems Product