Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel42129

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
Hello,
I just built a new pc using a AsRock Z77 Extreme 4 motherboard. MSI Frozr III 7950 video card.
It will not boot with the video card in the pc. Using the onboard video i installed windows. I tried both PCi 16 slots and still no boot, just a black screen. Any suggestions on whats causung this. I have an Antec 620W continous PSU

try making sure the mb bios is up to date..if it not a bios issue then it a power issue. check that the right 4/8 pin cable for pci power is connected to the mb and make sure if the video card has two 6 pin or two 8 pin power both of them are plugged in. if they are check your ps and the 12v line. some ps have more then one 12v line and sometime cant handle the load of a high end gpu.

Daniel42129

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
The 2x4 pins connectors are hooked to the MB. One 4 pin is marked with a B. The other is marked with a W. Is it possible that they have to be on a certain side of the 8 pin connector? I havent tried to swap them yet. With the GPU installed the fans come on but cant get anything to come on the screen, even the onboard doesnt work until you remove the GPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.