Plugged In, Not Charging

TheMidgardSerpent

Honorable
Mar 28, 2012
I know this sounds like a retarded question, but I am nowhere near as tech-savvy as most of you are. Basically, as of a couple days ago, my computer will not charge at all. It still works as long as i have it plugged into the wall, but when i mouse over the battery symbol in the lower right corner it says "Plugged In, Not Charging". I have spoken with my friend who is a computer tech and he says that it is most likely a bad battery that will need replaced, but that I should come here for a better, more complete answer (as well as any inexpensive alternatives to buying a new battery). He speaks very highly of this community, and as a first time user I am anxious to see for myself. Thank you, and have a great day!

TheMidgardSerpent

Honorable
Mar 28, 2012
No shortening before this, and unfortunately I just moved 4 states away from anyone else that I know. So borrowing someone elses battery would be tough> Thank you both for your input, it is valued. Any more suggestions would be welcome.

TheMidgardSerpent

Honorable
Mar 28, 2012
Yeah I think it's just over a yr old >( ok, well thanks for the advice guys, I suppose I'll just have to buy a new one. I saw a bunch of stuff on Youtube about uninstalling the battery and reinstalling, etc. I wanted to get some opinions before I tried anything i'm unfamiliar with though.