Sign in with
Your question
Closed

AMD FX 8150?

Last response: in CPUs
March 29, 2012 12:19:30 AM

I'm really tempted to upgrade to the AMD FX 8150 from AMD Phenom II x6 1045t. I have mixed reviews about it can some people tell me what they think.

More about : amd 8150

Best solution

a c 790 à CPUs
a c 302 À AMD
March 29, 2012 12:22:58 AM

The FX series were a disappointment on release but the FX8150 is still a better CPU than your current one, here compared with 1055! http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/434?vs=147
March 29, 2012 12:46:23 AM

As rolli said they were disappointing, but that may well have been more due to hype than anything else. I have one though, and it's not like I'm getting a bottleneck. It really depends what you want to do.

As for upgrading you might need a new motherboard to support AM3+ but that said some AM3 CPUs can support bulldozer with bios updates apparently.
Related resources
a b à CPUs
March 29, 2012 12:50:15 AM

It is not that big of a step up. What purpose do you use your computer for?
-Bruce
March 29, 2012 12:51:21 AM

I have a Sabertooth 990FX Mobo. I mostly play games like Battlefield 3 and COD MW3.
March 29, 2012 12:52:54 AM

JuvenileJonesy said:
I'm really tempted to upgrade to the AMD FX 8150 from AMD Phenom II x6 1045t. I have mixed reviews about it can some people tell me what they think.

Read my lips.

Intel. Sandy Bridge. Only choice a real PC gamer has.

That is all.
a b à CPUs
March 29, 2012 1:01:14 AM

Truthfully there isn't much difference other than overclocking. With tha 1045t locked multiplier, your limited to fsb overclocking. Its tricky to keep the other components balanced. Memory, ht, nb must remain stable while upping the fsb to get the cpu faster.
March 29, 2012 1:04:28 AM

No point upgrading. keep your 1045t and wait for pile driving Dont bother going to intel. Unless you really need it. the 1045t is a great processor and can still handle games fine. just pair it up with a high end gpu
a c 83 à CPUs
a b À AMD
March 29, 2012 1:10:00 AM

Considering a stock Phenom II X6 1100 is better than an FX 8150 for games, it won't be much of an upgrade unless your overclocking, than the advantage will go to the FX 8150 because its unlocked multiplier makes overclocking easy.

Even with a better CPU your only going to get an improvement in BF3 if you have a really good video card, it's a very graphics demanding game. And I know from experience BF3 plays very well on a Phenom II X6 @ 2.8Ghz.

Personally I would wait until later this year and get a Piledriver based CPU, they're rumored to release in Q3, so 3-6 months from now.
a b à CPUs
March 29, 2012 1:13:08 AM

Please, ignore FX-8150, don't do this downgrade for games.
March 29, 2012 1:35:29 AM

stanistheman said:
Dont bother going to intel.

Intel is the only real choice for the serious PC gamer.

Not only do Intel CPUs smoke AMD CPUs at equal clock rates, but they overclock far better, offer better compatibility with a wider range of systems, and are virtually better than AMD in every way imaginable.

I am sorry, but this is most certainly the case.

OP: Don't bother upgrading until you can upgrade to Intel. I recommend the i5 2500k w/ the Hyper 212+. Mine powers my dual 6970s and I don't have to push it past 4.40GHz to get perfect performance.
March 29, 2012 1:39:49 AM

PCgamer81 said:

Not only do Intel CPUs smoke AMD CPUs at equal clock rates, but they overclock far better, off better compatibility with a wider range of systems, and are virtually better than AMD in every way imaginable.

OP: Don't bother upgrading until you can upgrade to Intel. I recommend the i5 2500k w/ the Hyper 212+. Mine powers my dual 6970s and I don't have to push it past 4.40GHz to get perfect performance.

I Smell a intel fanboy. If you acctually read my post you would know i said only get the intel If you need it. and since the op already has a 1045t and a the mobo there is no real reason since the 1045t is a fine cpu. -+
March 29, 2012 1:50:19 AM

stanistheman said:
I Smell a intel fanboy. If you acctually read my post you would know i said only get the intel If you need it. and since the op already has a 1045t and a the mobo there is no real reason since the 1045t is a fine cpu. -+

Depends on what kind of system he needs to power. If his system is mid-range, than I guess the 1045t would suffice. But keep in mind that he is talking about upgrading, and the only real upgrade I see from the 1045t would be going to an Intel CPU.

Intel fanboy? To hear people tell it, there are fanboys for everything. PC fanboy, Sony fanboy, Halo fanboy, COD fanboy, Xbox fanboy, Nintendo fanboy, AMD fanboy, Nvidia fanboy, and now I hear "Intel fanboy".

To be honest, I couldn't care less whether a CPU is made by Intel or AMD. I have no loyalty to either one. I say that Intel's better because it is, and obviously so.

Just because someone has an opinion and is able to see which is better, doesn't really make him a fanboy.

With that said, I read your comments and respect your opinion.
a b à CPUs
March 29, 2012 1:54:02 AM

Obvious being 120 fps vs 115 ... so obvious that you have to play with the fps numbers on to tell.
March 29, 2012 2:03:57 AM

PCgamer81 said:
Depends on what kind of system he needs to power. If his system is mid-range, than I guess the 1045t would suffice. But keep in mind that he is talking about upgrading, and the only real upgrade I see from the 1045t would be going to an Intel CPU.

Intel fanboy? To hear people tell it, there are fanboys for everything. PC fanboy, Sony fanboy, Halo fanboy, COD fanboy, Xbox fanboy, Nintendo fanboy, AMD fanboy, Nvidia fanboy, and now I hear "Intel fanboy".

To be honest, I couldn't care less whether a CPU is made by Intel or AMD. I have no loyalty to either one. I say that Intel's better because it is, and obviously so.

Just because someone has an opinion and is able to see which is better, doesn't really make him a fanboy.

Fair enough i currently own a core i7 and a amd 6100 and when gaming i really dont see a diffrence thats why i say this. i understand that intel cpus are better and they should be with over 70% of the market buying intel has Much more money to play around with since they have around 20 billon dollars? and amd dont even have half of that
a b à CPUs
March 29, 2012 2:48:09 AM

PCgamer81 said:

Your a fanboi because you totally ignored the context of the question and immediately jumped to "Intel ONRY for gaming !!!!10101010111". Lack of perspective and thought paints you as such.

To the OP,
I have that same Board with a 970BE clocked @4ghz. Your CPU is good enough for everything your doing now, the 8150 would be a slight upgrade or a sidegrade depending. Wait for PD and if you feel you need it then you can purchase it. RCM alone guarantees that it'll be an upgrade to what you have.

To the peanut gallery,
He already has a $200 USD+ motherboard, "switching" to intel would entail him spending $400+ USD to for a new performance board and i5 CPU. Your asking him to spend considerably more money by switching his entire platform.
March 29, 2012 3:19:00 AM

palladin9479 said:
Your a fanboi because you totally ignored the context of the question and immediately jumped to "Intel ONRY for gaming !!!!10101010111". Lack of perspective and thought paints you as such.

To the OP,
I have that same Board with a 970BE clocked @4ghz. Your CPU is good enough for everything your doing now, the 8150 would be a slight upgrade or a sidegrade depending. Wait for PD and if you feel you need it then you can purchase it. RCM alone guarantees that it'll be an upgrade to what you have.

To the peanut gallery,
He already has a $200 USD+ motherboard, "switching" to intel would entail him spending $400+ USD to for a new performance board and i5 CPU. Your asking him to spend considerably more money by switching his entire platform.

Absolutely.

H2 and Intel FTW.

Now THAT would be a sensible upgrade for the OP.

Leave the laughable AM3/8150 second rate builds for the mid-range crowd.
March 29, 2012 3:19:59 AM

palladin9479 said:

To the OP,

To the peanut gallery,

This^^^^
March 29, 2012 3:40:54 AM

PCgamer81 said:
Absolutely.

H2 and Intel FTW.

Your an embarrassment to true PC gamers!
March 29, 2012 4:09:03 AM

Earnie said:

I agree fanbois make fools of all PC gamers and themselves me I pick whatever will do what I want it to for the cheapest amount of money mostly AMD wins for me.
March 29, 2012 5:55:17 AM

I am not a fanboy.

I have no loyalty to Intel.

You can all think what you want. But the fact remains, he has pretty close to the best AMD CPU you can get right now. He is asking about upgrading. It don't take a rocket scientist to know that from a 1045t the next major step up would be the Intel Sandy Bridge. Anything less would be a waste of the OP's money and time. That is a fact, and if you geniuses knew anything about components, you wouldn't have a problem with someone pointing that out, calling him a fanboy.

OP: With all due respect, I think you are good just like you are. If you do upgrade, the Intel i5/i7 would be the next logical step up. And it would help to get yourself a 1155 motherboard, seeing as how the AM3 socket is just about done for and the 1155 socket will support the upcoming Ivy Bridges.

To me, that would be an investment worthy of your time and money, and it would open the door to have some very nice builds in the future.
a c 184 à CPUs
a b À AMD
March 29, 2012 5:56:44 AM

Overclock.
March 29, 2012 5:57:13 AM

MMO Fan said:
I agree fanbois make fools of all PC gamers and themselves me I pick whatever will do what I want it to for the cheapest amount of money mostly AMD wins for me.

A fanboy buys from and supports a company regardless. I only use Intel because it's better than AMD. If AMD was better, I guess people would be calling me an AMD fanboy. It may be about "for the cheapest amount of money" for you, but don't call me an embarrassment to PC gamers for expecting and recommending quality.
March 29, 2012 6:00:27 AM

Earnie said:

Think what you want, but if you think you can define the standard for which "true PC gamers!" should aspire (therefore rendering me an "embarrassment"), than you are every bit elitist and opinionated as you claim me to be.
March 29, 2012 6:05:47 AM

PCgamer81 said:
A fanboy buys from and supports a company regardless. I only use Intel because it's better than AMD. If AMD was better, I guess people would be calling me an AMD fanboy. It may be about "for the cheapest amount of money" for you, but don't call me an embarrassment to PC gamers for expecting and recommending quality.

Your a fanboi because you will not adimit that AMD is all right for gaming on and most other stuff as well. You would never see the difference going from Intel to AMD
a c 184 à CPUs
a b À AMD
March 29, 2012 6:07:32 AM

MMO Fan said:
Your a fanboi because you will not adimit that AMD is all right for gaming on and most other stuff as well. You would never see the difference going from Intel to AMD

This depends on the exact application we are using! :lol: 
March 29, 2012 6:15:22 AM

amuffin said:
This depends on the exact application we are using! :lol: 

Most of them people whom have a Sandy never even use it as in the clock cycles lay dormant for the most part through it's whole life of ownership in many rigs. Here in lies the problem in a world of facebook and computer games an AMD CPU it just fine and Intel is for professionals whom need there machine to make money and wannabes whom want to say they have an i7
a b à CPUs
March 29, 2012 6:45:07 AM

PCgamer81 said:
I am not a fanboy.

I have no loyalty to Intel.

You can all think what you want. But the fact remains, he has pretty close to the best AMD CPU you can get right now. He is asking about upgrading. It don't take a rocket scientist to know that from a 1045t the next major step up would be the Intel Sandy Bridge. Anything less would be a waste of the OP's money and time. That is a fact, and if you geniuses knew anything about components, you wouldn't have a problem with someone pointing that out, calling him a fanboy.

OP: With all due respect, I think you are good just like you are. If you do upgrade, the Intel i5/i7 would be the next logical step up. And it would help to get yourself a 1155 motherboard, seeing as how the AM3 socket is just about done for and the 1155 socket will support the upcoming Ivy Bridges.

To me, that would be an investment worthy of your time and money, and it would open the door to have some very nice builds in the future.

You've already shown your colors.

Quote:
Absolutely.

H2 and Intel FTW.

a b à CPUs
March 29, 2012 6:47:30 AM

MMO Fan said:

The best way to identify a fanboy is that they rant on the pro's of one entity while refusing to acknowledge the pros of another entity. Whenever you see someone talk about a specific company rather then a specific set of products, that also indicates a fanboy.
a b à CPUs
March 29, 2012 6:48:00 AM

Fanboys calling fanboys, fanboys what a surprise. :pfff: 

Take a look at Tom's Hardware's review on FX: http://www.tomshardware.com/review [...] ,3043.html

Conclusion of the review: http://www.tomshardware.com/review [...] 43-24.html

The i5 occasionally outperforms the FX even if 8 threads are being run, and when less threads are being run the I5 can't be beat.

a b à CPUs
March 29, 2012 6:54:47 AM

Anonymous_26 said:
Fanboys calling fanboys, fanboys what a surprise. :pfff: 

Take a look at Tom's Hardware's review on FX: http://www.tomshardware.com/review [...] ,3043.html

Conclusion of the review: http://www.tomshardware.com/review [...] 43-24.html

The i5 occasionally outperforms the FX even if 8 threads are being run, and when less threads are being run the I5 can't be beat.

Umm ... we know that.

Read the OP then rejoin the discussion.
a b à CPUs
March 29, 2012 7:02:15 AM

palladin9479 said:
Umm ... we know that.

Read the OP then rejoin the discussion.

Obviously not everyone does especially the AMD fanboys. The point is that if anything the Bulldozer would be a downgrade from the Phenom II not an upgrade.
a b à CPUs
March 29, 2012 7:28:19 AM

Anonymous_26 said:
Obviously not everyone does especially the AMD fanboys. The point is that if anything the Bulldozer would be a downgrade from the Phenom II not an upgrade.

Umm ... your not following are you..

OP

Quote:

Intel Fanboy

Quote:
Read my lips.

Intel. Sandy Bridge. Only choice a real PC gamer has.

That is all.

Intel Fanboy

Quote:

Not only do Intel CPUs smoke AMD CPUs at equal clock rates, but they overclock far better, offer better compatibility with a wider range of systems, and are virtually better than AMD in every way imaginable.

Me

Quote:

To the OP,

To the peanut gallery,

The question was never I5 vs BD, Intel fanboys turned it into that. The question was if the 8150fx was worth buying over his current 1045T to which the answer is generally "No". A 8150FX is better then a 1045T which is only clocked at 2.7Ghz vs the 1100T which is 3.3Ghz . Going to the 8150fx would be an upgrade for his box, but it wouldn't be a huge upgrade and not worth the cost. Switching his entire platform to an i5 would definitely not be worth the cost. His best bet is to stay put for now, if his current CPU is absolutely not working for him then he should evaluate if he needs 6 cores or 4 cores. If 4 cores then get a 965BE and OC to 4Ghz, if absolutely needing 6 cores then get a 8120fx or a 1100T and call it a day.

Now welcome back to the conversation. I understand that your honor bound by the code of the internet to start a flame war, you may proceed.
March 29, 2012 7:36:36 AM

palladin9479 said:
The best way to identify a fanboy is that they rant on the pro's of one entity while refusing to acknowledge the pros of another entity. Whenever you see someone talk about a specific company rather then a specific set of products, that also indicates a fanboy.

I have used Intel many times but I will now stick to AMD because of all the raging Intel heretics so as to just be a bit different from the yuppies and sheep thanx ;-)
March 29, 2012 7:41:55 AM

If you were stuck with the AM3+ platform, mind as well stick with AMD, since it's be less cost-effective to switch. However, like the others said, the 8150 won't be a worthwhile upgrade to your current cpu.
a b à CPUs
March 29, 2012 7:58:17 AM

Honestly I was in this exact same predicament.

AMD 970BE clocked @4Ghz
Asus Sabertooth
4x4GB DDR3-1600 memory
2 x EVGA Geforce GTX580 Hydro II (yes this is all watercooled)
Samsung 830 256GB SSD
2 x 320GB 7200 RPM RAID0 (Steam / Games)

I was debating going to the 8150fx and couldn't find a good enough reason to. The ASUS 990FX board alone is worth staying with my current platform, especially as getting something on the same level would require LGA2011 and that is ridiculous. As my current setup can play any game I can find in 3D, I'm a happy camper. I'll be looking into PD when it comes out later, if it doesn't pan out then I can upgrade next year.

People really need to stop thinking you "NEED THE ABSOLUTE BEST RIGHT NOW!!!!!" mentality.
March 29, 2012 9:34:49 AM

To OP:

My personal suggestion would be stay where you are.

I have the older intel 775 socket Q9650 (C2Q) clocked at 4.2 atm and play BF3 ( my flavor of game for the past few months ) admirably with a 5870 (oc'd to 980 core 1275 mem ) on ultra ( no MSAA but high post AA ) @ 1920x1200 with 50-70 fps in multi-player. I wanted to upgrade b/c there is better stuff out there, should I? Not really if I can keep up with the big boys minus the MSAA. I may get 60-80 ( doubtfully ) with an i5/i7 but not worth the money for an upgrade if I 98% game on my system.

We may have older tech, but for gaming, we are still hanging in there.

Rock on with the AMD.
March 29, 2012 9:42:51 AM

tydalwave said:
To OP:

My personal suggestion would be stay where you are.

I have the older intel 775 socket Q9650 (C2Q) clocked at 4.2 atm and play BF3 ( my flavor of game for the past few months ) admirably with a 5870 (oc'd to 980 core 1275 mem ) on ultra ( no MSAA but high post AA ) @ 1920x1200 with 50-70 fps in multi-player. I wanted to upgrade b/c there is better stuff out there, should I? Not really if I can keep up with the big boys minus the MSAA. I may get 60-80 ( doubtfully ) with an i5/i7 but not worth the money for an upgrade if I 98% game on my system.

We may have older tech, but for gaming, we are still hanging in there.

Rock on with the AMD.

Funny thing is the 6970 and 7870 are more of side grades when compared to the good old 5870 the only thing that the newer techs really did allot better on is the efficiency and that's all.
a b à CPUs
March 29, 2012 10:36:32 AM

PCgamer81 said:

No, its the fact that you come into a post with someone asking about wether or not (yes or no question) the 8150 is an upgrade for his 1045T. Fanboys come into threads like this, not even paying attention and start demanding that he buy Intel or he is an idot for having an AMD system.

HE NEVER ASKED ABOUT INTEL. PERIOD, end of story, bye bye, see you later.

Edit: people like this make me hate Intel even more. Seriously, does everyone work for intel or have intel stock so they must promote intel and worship intel? Let people decide for themselves if they don't ask about it.

Reminds me of being a kid with parents forcing you to eat your veggies. here instead people want to force you to buy intel even if you don't want it.
March 29, 2012 10:57:13 AM

JuvenileJonesy said:

I would stay as you are for now, I suspect when IVY is launched on Intel then AMD will tweak pricing a little in the weeks/months after in any event. It's pretty typical when new platforms of the competitor are released to maintain market share and interest. Take stock then as I suspect the price fluctuations of the AMD chips may well sway your thoughts and may even make the FX8150 more attractive financially but I suspect the gain won't be as high as you expect. What is your GPU and what resolution are you currently playing games on? I fear you may be upgrading for upgrading's sake - but it's always nice to have new parts and another reason to open the case and start tinkering... or perhaps that's just me.
March 29, 2012 11:30:12 AM

I understand that he is asking about an AMD CPU.

But let me put things in perspective by taking some of the things that's been said thus far and changing the situation around a tad for better understanding of where I'm coming from.

JuvenileJonesy said:

Guy 1: "I have a GTX 560Ti 448 and am thinking about upgrading to the GTX 570. Any thoughts?"

PCgamer81 said:
OP: Don't bother upgrading until you can upgrade to Intel. I recommend the i5 2500k w/ the Hyper 212+.

Guy 2: "The 570 is barely better than the 560Ti 448, if at all. I would recommend the GTX 580 if you are going to upgrade."

palladin9479 said:
Your a fanboi because you totally ignored the context of the question and immediately jumped to "Intel ONRY for gaming !!!!10101010111"...He already has a $200 USD+ motherboard, "switching" to intel would entail him spending $400+...

Guy 3: "That's not what he asked! He would also have to upgrade his power supply and that would cost him an extra $200!"

PCgamer81 said:
...If you do upgrade, the Intel i5/i7 would be the next logical step up. And it would help to get yourself a 1155 motherboard, seeing as how the AM3 socket is just about done for and the 1155 socket will support the upcoming Ivy Bridges...To me, that would be an investment worthy of your time and money, and it would open the door to have some very nice builds in the future.

Guy 2: "Yes, but the 580 is the next logical step up, and an upgrade in power supply will give him a lot of room to play with in the future."
a b à CPUs
March 29, 2012 11:50:58 AM

PCgamer81 said:
I understand that he is asking about an AMD CPU.

But let me put things in perspective by taking some of the things that's been said thus far and changing the situation around a tad for better understanding of where I'm coming from.

Guy 1: "I have a GTX 560Ti 448 and am thinking about upgrading to the GTX 570. Any thoughts?"

Guy 2: "The 570 is barely better than the 560Ti 448, if at all. I would recommend the GTX 580 if you are going to upgrade."

Guy 3: "That's not what he asked! He would also have to upgrade his power supply and that would cost him an extra $200!"

Guy 2: "Yes, but the 580 is the next logical step up, and an upgrade in power supply will give him a lot of room to play with in the future."

Umm .. what the heck are you smoking and why can't you share it with us.

Your actually advocating spending $400+ USD to get a few more FPS on video games?

If going from a 1045T to a 8150 for ~$200 is a bad deal, then going from a 1045T to an i5 + Performance board for $400+ is an even worse deal.

He said NOTHING about Intel, now go away fanboy and stop trying to turn this into an Intel vs AMD thread.
March 29, 2012 11:53:12 AM

palladin9479 said:
Umm .. what the heck are you smoking and why can't you share it with us.

Your actually advocating spending $400+ USD to get a few more FPS on video games?

If going from a 1045T to a 8150 for ~$200 is a bad deal, then going from a 1045T to an i5 + Performance board for $400+ is an even worse deal.

He said NOTHING about Intel, now go away fanboy and stop trying to turn this into an Intel vs AMD thread.

Agreed ^ and +1
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
March 29, 2012 12:08:50 PM

best thread EVER! :) 

EDIT:

dear OP that 1045t is a fine CPU and it would not be advisable to try to upgrade at this time.
because the amd platform really doesn't have anything to upgrade to that is cost effective:) 
March 29, 2012 12:12:37 PM

Anonymous said:
best thread EVER! :) 

EDIT:

dear OP that 1045t is a fine CPU and it would not be advisable to try to upgrade at this time.
because the amd platform really doesn't have anything to upgrade to that is cost effective:) 

Perhaps change your message under you avatar pic it offends me ;-)
a b à CPUs
March 29, 2012 12:20:53 PM

Thinking about the fanboy's drug induced comments, I've decided to display them in a bit clearer light (lol at his comparing a 1045T to a 460...).

Guy:
I got a ATI 6950 but I've been thinking about getting a 7870 or 7950.

Forum Peoples:
Your current GPU is absolutely find, there is better stuff coming out soon so sit and wait.

Intel Fanboy:
OMG REAL GAMERS ONLY USE 680's.

Forum People:
We're not talking about Nvidia, he would have to change out his motherboard and spend another $200+ USD for a performance board to use that 680.

Intel Fanboy:
YOU GUYS AREN'T LISTENING, IT'S NVIDIA INTEL ONRY. IF YOU WANT TO PLAY GAMES YOU MUST USE NVIDIA INTEL!!!10010101

Forum People:
Umm ... his current GPU runs everything just fine, he wouldn't actually gain noticeable performance by spending all that extra money.

Intel Fanboy:
YOUR TELLING HIM WRONG, IT'S INTEL ONRY FOR GAMES CAUSE I SAY SO!!!

Forum People:
Huh ..... -.-?
March 29, 2012 12:25:36 PM

palladin9479 said:
Thinking about the fanboy's drug induced comments, I've decided to display them in a bit clearer light (lol at his comparing a 1045T to a 460...).

Guy:
I got a ATI 6950 but I've been thinking about getting a 7870 or 7950.

Forum Peoples:
Your current GPU is absolutely find, there is better stuff coming out soon so sit and wait.

Intel Fanboy:
OMG REAL GAMERS ONLY USE 680's.

Forum People:
We're not talking about Nvidia, he would have to change out his motherboard and spend another $200+ USD for a performance board to use that 680.

Intel Fanboy:
YOU GUYS AREN'T LISTENING, IT'S NVIDIA INTEL ONRY. IF YOU WANT TO PLAY GAMES YOU MUST USE NVIDIA INTEL!!!10010101

Forum People:
Umm ... his current GPU runs everything just fine, he wouldn't actually gain noticeable performance by spending all that extra money.

Intel Fanboy:
YOUR TELLING HIM WRONG, IT'S INTEL ONRY FOR GAMES CAUSE I SAY SO!!!

Forum People:
Huh ..... -.-?

Sadly most forum members on TH try and push Intel/Nvidia every chance they get and they call anyone whom says any different a troll.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
March 29, 2012 12:28:18 PM

MMO Fan said:
Perhaps change your message under you avatar pic it offends me ;-)

now that you mention it, i gotta lose some points soon so it can stay " i gotta poop!" Regular :sweat: 
March 29, 2012 12:57:54 PM

Ok to start, I'm the Poster of this thread and more than half the comments have not been helpful. I'm not an Intel fan I have nothing against them in anyway I just like the underdog so I go AMD always have and I have always been satisfied with their products for my money. Which seeing as it is my money that is the goal, am I satisfied with the product. Do I know an i7 Intel CPU would blow an AMD FX 8150 out of the water, yes I am not retarded but the cost is not worth it and I love my Sabertooth Mobo.

Thank you to people like Rolli who actually posted benchmarks and stats not just comments. That is what I was looking for appreciate it.

And to answer another question, I play BF3 on 1920x1080 high right now with NVidia GTX 460 SLI.
!