5770 Idle Clock

jsimonye

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2009
Hey guys, my wife's video card, HD 5770 is having that common problem of having too low of idle speed for the memory/core and when I searched around for a fix the only one I could find was one to make a profile in CCC and change "options". But when I open "AMD Vision Engine Control center" there is nothing but "presets" for profiles and "preferences" for options. I tried following the steps listed on the forums using the method of creating a profile and altering an xml file but I had to use a preset option instead of a "profile". Anyway, It didn't work. Maybe I'm missing something, but can somebody give me a hand? Thanks for any help.

zakattak80

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2011

do you mean when its under a load when it should go to its peak clock? if so then i seem to have that problem rarely, i just restart my pc and it goes back to normal. also i use msi burner and it doesn't fix the solution.

jsimonye

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2009
I'll try MSI afterburner AND check the frequency when I get back home. zakattak80, when it's at load everything is fine, she can play LOTRO, Sims3, wow, and whatever all day if she wanted. It's just once in a while just surfing the internet and other 2d stuff the graphics card freezes the screen, blacks out, and says the card encountered a graphics driver issue and restarted (something to that effect). I noticed the idle clocks are low, googled and searched around the net and noticed it's an issue with the 5770 sometimes. She's running the newest drivers as of 10/26/11. As am I in my 6770. Thanks for the help guys.