Nvidia hits a hilarious new low in rebranding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyefinity

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
Not content with rebadging old hardware with new stickers, Nvidia is now rebadging current hardware with new stickers.

http://vr-zone.com/articles/nvidia-preparing-revised-gtx-560-ti/13805.html

Yes that's right, a cut-down 570 is now a 560 Ti (448 core). With this shady tactic Nvidia fanboys can now finally stop lying about the 560 Ti being faster than the 6950...just don't ask about the shader count. :lol:

Rumour has it that the entire Kepler series will be badged 660 Ti (+core count). :D

The 6950 is nothing but a cut down 6970. The 6850 is a cut down 6870. As mentioned the 5830 and the 5850 were cut down versions of the 5870.

These practices started as a result of not getting enough good chips to sell them at their optimum frequencies, so they cut the bad parts off and sell them as a lesser chip. As manufacturing improves, they often sell perfectly good chips cut down to meet demands for the different price points.

eyefinity

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
Lol as usual the nvidia fanboys jump in to defend their corrupt company.

It's not the same, you realise this is a 570 that is chopped down and rebranded as a 560 Ti.

There are now FOUR different 560 cards (3 560 Ti's) with four different speeds. It's marketing at it's very worst.

Three 560Ti's? How so?

Let's assume you are right, that they have 3 different methods in creating 560 ti's. I'm not sure you'd call this rebadging.

Rebadging is what they did with the 8800 -> 9800 -> 240 (I'm unsure on the GT/GTX names on them, just that they renamed the same chip several times).

I don't know what you'd call this type of thing. Where they make the same card with different sources of chips.

I'm also not an Nvidia fanboy. My other system has 6950's unlocked to 6970's. I only use Nvidia due to 3D vision. That said, I have no issues with either.

eyefinity

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010

It's cynical marketing at it's worst. All Nvidia is trying to do is sell broken cards on the back off the 560 name. There are 4 cards with 4 different speeds...does anyone even want to hazard a guess at how fast or slow that 560 Ti OEM is? These 4 cards could range in speed from slower than the 6850 to faster than the 6950...all with the same name?

With this latest move, the "560 Ti" becomes even faster. Like I said in my OP, finally Nvidia gets a 560 Ti that beats the 6950. This is purely and simply deceptive marketing. 4 different 560 SKU's is utterly retarded.

Aside from the fact that it's OEM only!! That's more of a cut down 560Ti rather than a cut down 570.

The GTS240 was (is) an OEM only version of the 8800/9800GT.

sp0nger

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2008

Ovious troll is ovious

What the hell are you talking about.
Not been funny but you are hardly no fanboy are you....

I think there is some sort of flame war starter here^^^

You are a trolling flame starter...you do it in almost every thread you exsist in.
Please for heavens sake give me MOD powers.

Why are you nit picking on GPU's...
Get a life.
I game with my GPU's.
Maybe you should try using your gpu instead of trying to justify your damn choice of manufacturer.

Ok, these kinds of comments aren't helpful in a civil discussion. If you don't agree with the OP, then debate it objectively. Attack the topic, not the person.

Thanks for sharing that Im actualy interested in that card. HA
I didn't see is the 560ti 448 a 1 GB card ?

As for the 560ti OEM I didn't see much data aside from the lower core count.
Does it retain the 570 mem interface ?

If it is keeping the 320-bit bus it is very likely to keep the 1.25gb as well. It will basically be an updated version of the GTX 470.

No offense but take a look at his history of posts on other threads...

I am familiar with many of the AMD vs NVidia wars that have broken out, and those in them. I'm addressing this thread, as I have a few before.

I quote "With this shady tactic Nvidia fanboys can now finally stop lying"

You're correct, that kind of statement also is not needed.

Now let's see if we can play nicely. [:aford10:7]

eyefinity

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010

Not quite sure actually. Some people are saying it's an overclocked 470 with the same TDP now...

Why don't you ask somebody at Nvidia that? I'm sure the BOD would give you the consideration you deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.