CM 212+ fit in a CM HAF 912?

bobochez

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2012
heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey! So I am going to OC my phenom II x4 from 3.0 ghz to 4~ and I am looking into cpu coolers before i do it. My question is, Will a 212+ cpu cooler fit in my mid tower haf 912? I am using an asrock extreme3 970 mobo with 8 gigs (2x4) of ripjaws ram If it matters. so yeah :D any help is appreciated.

Solution

You should be able to take the heat sink off by prying it off with a small flat head screwdriver.

However, i would not recommend it.

More likely than not at least one side of the heat sink will be held on with strong adhesive and you may damage your RAM in the process of prying it off if you are not careful.

As long as you are gentle you should not have a problem, but...

thux

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
In short, yes it will fit.

I have a cooler master storm scout and a 212+ and it fits in mine and the 912 has much much more room inside that mine.

One thing that you need to watch out for is that the ripjaws sticks have big heatsinks on them and you might have to orient the cooler vertically to have it clear the RAM. Really a minor detail.

Hope this helps!

bobochez

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2012

Thanks a bunch :) definitely helps! I would like to mount it horizontally as to not mess up the airflow in my case, but if I need to due to ram, then I will. Do you know if there is a way to take off one of the heatsinks of my ram sticks? I am thinking that if it is an issue, then I can take the heatsink off of one stick but keep it on the other. Thanks again!

thux

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012

You should be able to take the heat sink off by prying it off with a small flat head screwdriver.

However, i would not recommend it.

More likely than not at least one side of the heat sink will be held on with strong adhesive and you may damage your RAM in the process of prying it off if you are not careful.

As long as you are gentle you should not have a problem, but personally i would not risk it.

I also found this video that might help you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_wZY8MCtf8

Good luck, and hope this helps!

Solution

bobochez

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2012

Ok well thanks again :p I managed to Borrow my friends 212+ and it fits fine in my case :D so all is well in computer land! Thanks again!

We took some major hits to our economy because of AMD FX Bulldozer..all is now better in computer land!