AMD 970 vs 965 vs 960T?

Solution
My 970BE can hit 4.0Ghz easily. I can push it to 4.2Ghz but that requires a bump up the voltage a little to much for my liking. Highest I've gone was 4.4Ghz and that required some serious overvolting that I wasn't comfortable with.

Between those three go with the 965BE and Clock it to 4Ghz. You should be ok with your 400W PSU, but you really need to upgrade toa 450 or 500W quality PSU. Never ~EVER~ go cheap with a PSU (or motherboard), you'll thank yourself later.

grapez

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012

do you think any one of the three will bottleneck a gtx 560? i have a 555 x2 phenom BE right now, and its bottlenecking my gtx 560. I tried unlocking it to four cores, no luck.

grapez

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012
i dont think i will be able to overclock, because of my 400 watt psu. im having no problems so far with it, but overclocking i think will be too much. Which one is good without the overclock? Oh, id prefer the one with less power. Thanks guys for all the info.

grapez

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012

so performance wise, will it do better than a 965 BE?

My 970BE can hit 4.0Ghz easily. I can push it to 4.2Ghz but that requires a bump up the voltage a little to much for my liking. Highest I've gone was 4.4Ghz and that required some serious overvolting that I wasn't comfortable with.

Between those three go with the 965BE and Clock it to 4Ghz. You should be ok with your 400W PSU, but you really need to upgrade toa 450 or 500W quality PSU. Never ~EVER~ go cheap with a PSU (or motherboard), you'll thank yourself later.

Solution

grapez

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012

Yeah -_- i installed a HDD cause i needed to give the ssd back to my friend, (he lent it to me because my regular hard drive broke) and now, since my power supply needs to give out more power, my pc has been overgoing random shutdowns. Well, the computer is still running (fans on) but the display to the monitor disconnects. I restart it and everything is fine. Guess i need a new psu first.

Don't go cheap when you buy a new PSU. Get one of the slightly more expensive modular ones from a known brand name, preferably one that's been reviewed and tested. Bad PSU's and bad MoBo components will cause all sorts of nightmares and system instabilities.