Sign in with
Your question

Why my computer shutdown after i turn on few seconds

Last response: in Systems
December 23, 2011 11:46:41 AM

Hello..I got a problem that my computer shutdown after i turn on a few seconds when loading the starting screen (windows 7).. I dont know whats the problem,. it happen a few days ago,. nothing on the PC changed,. but i do update bios few days ago,..please help me!! :sweat: 
a b B Homebuilt system
December 23, 2011 2:36:14 PM

Welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums!

Can you provide some details as to what system you have, and what settings you changed?
m
l
December 24, 2011 1:56:39 AM

Ouh..its Intel Pentium Dual Core 1.80Ghz E2160, 1GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce 210 1gb ddr3,...Nothing changed quietly,..i updated my pc bios,.clean my system fan,.then tomorrow, it happen
m
l
Related resources
December 24, 2011 10:48:50 PM

sorry,..bad english..
m
l
December 24, 2011 10:52:27 PM

its not caused by PSU,..yesterday it load workly..i play battlefield for hours! but it does happen again..turn on, shutdown suddenly then push the power button, nothing happen.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
December 24, 2011 10:58:56 PM

Is the power ON button defective?
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
December 25, 2011 2:07:47 AM

Download a bootable diagnostic to a USB flash drive. Let it run for a while. Does your PC shutdown? yes -- power problems, shorts, overheating, failed components. no -- maybe its a software problem. Example: http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

Try and let us know.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
December 25, 2011 2:12:35 AM

Aside: the power button question "Is the power ON button defective? " was a serious question. The power button is an intermittent switch -- it momentarily turns power on.
If the spring in the switch is weak the switch can make contact causing your PC to restart. If you want to test the switch one way is to pull the wire from the MB to the switch. Just short the wire for an instant to start the PC. If the PC restart whent eh switch isn't connected then it's probably not the switch.
m
l
a c 122 B Homebuilt system
December 26, 2011 7:31:18 AM

You can check out the power switch by swapping it with the reset switch, then trying to boot with the reset switch.
m
l
December 26, 2011 12:59:53 PM

for your information, my computer doesnt any have reset switch ...only the power switch or button
m
l
December 26, 2011 1:01:25 PM

tsnor said:
Download a bootable diagnostic to a USB flash drive. Let it run for a while. Does your PC shutdown? yes -- power problems, shorts, overheating, failed components. no -- maybe its a software problem. Example: http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

Try and let us know.

All operation i do in UBCD were successful but after i reboot a few hours later, it still shutdown suddenly when loading the starting screen or loading the beginning screen ( i dont know, i know when pc on, it show manufacturer logo)
m
l
December 30, 2011 2:15:26 AM

New update : the problem is because of Nvidia geforce 210 1gb ddr3 graphic card..after i unplugged it, my computer become normal even turn on..
m
l
!